Familiar with Grand Princess?

boatlover

Anxiously awaiting a voyage on the Grand and did some exploring of the deck plans.

A few questions:

What is Meridian Bay and Limelight studio on Promenade Deck?

What is Voyage of Discovery and Cyberstore on Sun Deck?

Skywalkers – Disco? Is it Disco 24/7 or a nice place to enjoy relaxing pre-dinner cocktails? Looks like similar set-up as Crow's Nest on HAL (not a disco) so I assume the view is amazing.

Where is the Patisserie?

What dining rooms are Any Time?

Really looking forward to my first Princess experience! Thanks!

Meridian Bay is a store, as are Facets and Calypso Cove.

The Limelight Studio is kind of like a movie studio where they have a green wall that projects images behind you.

Voyage of Discovery is a video arcade, and I think the Cyberstore is a youth area and drink counter.

Skywalkers is a disco. It's usually pretty quiet up there at times other than late evening. Not sure when the bar actually opens, so you may have to get your pre-dinner drinks elsewhere and take them up there. Yes, the view is amazing. We like going up there in the morning after departure. Sitting over at the side and looking down the length of the ship really gets you in the mood to relax and enjoy the week coming up.

Given the layout on the Sapphire, I would make a strong guess that the Michaelangelo and Davinci dining rooms are the anytime dining rooms. They are located off the main atrium and are much more suited to the coming and going of people dining at different times.

correct.

skywalkers is nice. there is bar service sporadically during the day. it would be better if they cleaned the windows once in a while. it is also used as 'group space' on sea days, so it may not be available to the public. several days they had it farmed out to a kareoke group. awful.

We had a very wet day at sea when we were doing the BI cruise this past summer and found Skywalkers to be a great reading spot as well as a place to do a little daydreaming. We also had our Roll Call 'shake and howdy' there.

They also use the Davinci dining room for the sit down breakfasts and lunches.

Charlie

We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this ship.......................Skywalkers, during the day, was empty (unless they had a meeting there, which was rare). It hangs out over the sea, the sunshine floods in, there are couches........I felt like a cat taking in the sun when I went up there to read. Usually I was the only one there.

We were on a TA from Barcelona to Galveston...................

If you have buffet breakfast, walk toward the stern and don't take a table inside......................go out the far doors and you can dine overlooking the pool. We were always the only people there except for a few entertainers...................it was quiet and lovely.............keep it a secret!

The pool outside the spa (bow area) has a button to push to make waves. Again, we were almost always the only people there.

Have a grand time.;)

Archived