How Come ZERO info on Boatswain Park GC??

UsedtobeSmith

If I do a search there are a bunch of posts from LAST YEAR talking about the park about to be fully opened up, but NOTHING since it has opened up...

Please... Has anyone been since the park fully opened?

How are the Ocean Lagoon and Fresh Water Lagoons?

Is there Food onsite?

How are the changing rooms??

How far is it from the Port...

Thanks so much!!!

Yes I have seen the website, but I was looking for reviews... I have just spent the last hour googling it... And still no personal reviews... just news links and Travel agent promo's...

I just find it odd that no one here has swam in the lagoons there, and tried the food.

You know?

If I do a search there are a bunch of posts from LAST YEAR talking about the park about to be fully opened up, but NOTHING since it has opened up...

Please... Has anyone been since the park fully opened?

How are the Ocean Lagoon and Fresh Water Lagoons?

Is there Food onsite?

How are the changing rooms??

How far is it from the Port...

Thanks so much!!!

I too would like to hear some feedback on Boatswain's. I've been trying to find reviews on it for some time , with no luck. Even though it's pricey, I think this would be a good excursion for my family since we have a toddler. Hopefully, someone will respond.

Since we were thinking about it too I also did some searching. Tripadvisor had a few reviews. Here is a paste.

This one is from June 26 of this year:

We loved Boatswain's Beach and Turtle Farm! Seeing and feeding the huge turtles in the breeding pond was fascinating. The touch tanks were a lot of fun for my nine year old daughter.

We did the "wet package" and had the snorkel lagoon, aviary and freshwater pool to ourselves. The snorkel lagoon is full of beautiful fish. My daughter had a blast in the freshwater pool with its waterfall.

If we were to go back, I would like to hear a guided tour or more information about the turtles. We didn't ask about this or seek it out, so maybe we just missed out on this part. I don't know if those things are available or not. Regardless, we had a fantastic time there and would highly recommend this place!

Here's one from May 10:

Just got back from Cayman and went to Boatswain's Beach- there are 3 levels of pricing $18 to see the turtles and turtles only- $50 ( all US dollars) per person to see the turtles and the rest of the park, which is very nice- and $75 per adult, $35 per child to snorkel in addition to all of the above.

The snorkel lagoon is a salt water lagoon that is huge and stocked with thousands of fish. My five year old learned to snorkel here- and you can get up to the predator tank and watch the sharks if you snorkel- it is amazing. Beautiful and clean with lifeguards.

On the other side of the predator tank there is another pool- only freshwater- where you can swim and also see the sharks through the glass.

It is a beautiful park and we had a once in a lifetime experience. Your kids will love this. We wished we had time to do it twice.

We spent the whole day here- so if you fork over the $50 just to see the park you may feel it was a bit expensive, but if you can spend the whole day that is the way to go. We had lunch at Schooner's and the food was terrific.

I too would like to hear some feedback on Boatswain's. I've been trying to find reviews on it for some time , with no luck. Even though it's pricey, I think this would be a good excursion for my family since we have a toddler. Hopefully, someone will respond.

We're taking our two kids there in less than a month. When I return I'll tell you more...and post pictures. We booked this excursion through the cruise ship. I read that transportation to this place can be spendy and hard to find a return cab, so we went with a cruise excursion. The cruise excursion doesn't include snorkeling. I emailed them and asked if we can add the "wet" package once we arrive. They said no problem. My kids are 1 and 3. We wanted to find something to do with them that was safe, fun, and beautiful. I really don't mind the cost of this place...how often do we get to go to the Cayman Islands? Honestly, from the few things I've read, I think this place is perfect for toddlers.

We're taking our two kids there in less than a month. When I return I'll tell you more...and post pictures. We booked this excursion through the cruise ship. I read that transportation to this place can be spendy and hard to find a return cab, so we went with a cruise excursion. The cruise excursion doesn't include snorkeling. I emailed them and asked if we can add the "wet" package once we arrive. They said no problem. My kids are 1 and 3. We wanted to find something to do with them that was safe, fun, and beautiful. I really don't mind the cost of this place...how often do we get to go to the Cayman Islands? Honestly, from the few things I've read, I think this place is perfect for toddlers.

Yes, it definitely seems like a good choice for kids, especially young ones. Can't wait to read your review, I'm sure you'll have a good time. Enjoy!

Our family was going to do the Pirate Encounter on the Valiaihra, but I am thinking with our kids ages (8,6,4) a day at Boatswains would work better, despite the price.

Well I guess we will be trail blazers and give it a go in 2 weeks. I will report back with lots of photos.... :-)

• 5 months later...

Just back from Boatswain Beach! We did the full tour, including snorkeling.

The place is fairly small, but beautiful. They have a salt water lagoon to snorkel in and a fresh water pool to swim in. There are chairs and tables to sit at as well. What was nice, is the fact that it was so uncrowded in the swimming area's. Most dont get the snorkel package. They have a bird sancutary and it was neat. Plus, you can hold the sea turtles as much as you want. We only got to stay 3 hours, but got our fill of the park. NOTE: The food is very pricey, but it is everywhere in Grand Cayman. ($10 for a burger)

I believe drinks like Pina Colada's were $8.75 and beer $5 a bottle.

Any questions?

We just returned from NCL Jewel trip and went to Turtle Farm (Boatswain park) and loved it! A word of caution - we did not sign up for ship's tour, and it was an absolute zoo when we arrived at Grand Cayman and no taxi wanted to take us. We wasted close to an hour & finally had to hop aboard a private tour bus who just dropped us off. Getting back was not an issue as they called us a cab, but I would strongly recommend going with ship's tour unless there are few ships in port.

(I NEVER go with ships tours, but this time I regret it!

But once we got there, we loved it. I am a senior who was looking for easy snorkling. Winds were VERY high last Weds, and all the snorkling tours were cancelled, including everything to Stingray city. But Boatswains has a "protected" manmade lagoon, so it wasn't at all affected by the almost gale force high winds. I truly enjoyed it.

We did not bring fins, and they do not offer them, and although it was fine, if you have room I think it would have been better to have them. Hundreds and hundreds of fish to see, zero entry, life vests & snorkles included with beach entry.

If you go with ship's tour they do not include the beach but you can upgrade your admission and they give you a different bracelet.

Food was pricey but excellent.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Again, we were in port with 7 other ships and it was basically a zoo in town. If you are only ship in port, then story about taxis might be different, but they all wanted to pack the cabs and take you to 7 mile beach.

Archived