Passport Application Status....

TwinMom7

My husband and I order our passports a couple of weeks ago. I have since been able to go online and check the status. My application is showing up in their system - but his is not. We applied the same day - all of our paperwork handed in together.

Should I worry???

Don't worry. Wait until the end of the 7-10 day window, then call about your husband's application if it still hasn't shown up. Even though you mailed at the same time, chances are the applications are being handled by different people with different workloads.

Don't worry. Wait until the end of the 7-10 day window, then call about your husband's application if it still hasn't shown up. Even though you mailed at the same time, chances are the applications are being handled by different people with different workloads.

It has been well past the 7-10 day window. Mine showed up in the system after 8 days. I'll give it until the end of the week and then I'll call.

I applied in mid-May, I believe, and kept getting postcard updates. Took just under 5 weeks without expediated service.

Mine was a renewal (although I'd lost my old, expired passport) and was processed in New Orleans, which I've heard is much quicker than some of the other offices.

I'd check on his, though. If it IS lost, you want to find out as soon as possible and rectify the situation.

When my sister sent in her passport renewal two months ago, it took almost 4 weeks for it to show up online in the system. A day after it showed up online, the status flipped to "mailed" and she had it in her hands two days later (she was using expidited service). It appears some of the people working there are not updating the status in the system until they are actually processing the document. It probably saves time, but certainly is hard on the nerves when you are the one waiting and trying to figure out if your docs got lost in the mail!

Hey all, rushed to get our passports really early for our April cruise, just was getting nervous hearing the horror stories. I went on a Friday, 13 days later, I had them in my hand, it was a shock! Good luck to everyone, hope you have the same luck I had.

We applied on September 8; our passports arrived on September 22, TWO WEEKS LATER! And that was regular, not expedited, delivery! I don't know if the rush is over or we just applied on the right day. Either way, we're all set for our February cruise!

Definately call the number. Post office told me it would appear online within 1 week and it was. DH & I applied at different times (2 weeks apart). I signed up online for the email notification as soon as they appeared on the website as being processed. Within about 2 weeks after I applied, I received a postcard in the mail saying it was being processed and the website showed it being processed. I continued to check status on the website and it always said being processed until one day I got an email that it was being mailed. I immediately went to the website and it also said it was in the mail. 8 weeks for mine to arrive and 8 weeks for my DH to arrive. I applied July 13th & DH applied end of June. We both have ours now.

Definately call the number. Post office told me it would appear online within 1 week and it was. DH & I applied at different times (2 weeks apart). I signed up online for the email notification as soon as they appeared on the website as being processed. Within about 2 weeks after I applied, I received a postcard in the mail saying it was being processed and the website showed it being processed. I continued to check status on the website and it always said being processed until one day I got an email that it was being mailed. I immediately went to the website and it also said it was in the mail. 8 weeks for mine to arrive and 8 weeks for my DH to arrive. I applied July 13th & DH applied end of June. We both have ours now.

Mine didnt appear at all til 4 weeks later. My application was processed incorrectly (wrong year) and I am still waiting for it to be mailed. HOpefully it will be right.

Archived