Geo. Washington bridge construction

kayleycat

Hi,

We're driving from Albany to the Manhattan cruise terminal on Sunday morning Oct 7 and the directions have us traveling on the Palisades Interstate Parkway and over the George Washington bridge. Can anyone tell me about the road construction on the bridge? Is the ramp between the Palisades pkwy and bridge closed? How much extra time should we allow? Is there an alternate route we should take? Thanks for any advice!

laurie

Hi,

We're driving from Albany to the Manhattan cruise terminal on Sunday morning Oct 7 and the directions have us traveling on the Palisades Interstate Parkway and over the George Washington bridge. Can anyone tell me about the road construction on the bridge? Is the ramp between the Palisades pkwy and bridge closed? How much extra time should we allow? Is there an alternate route we should take? Thanks for any advice!

laurie

hmmm.....you could try to get to 287 towards the garden state parkway....then head toward newark that way......leave saturday????

hopefully one of the new yorkers will have better advice..(i know how i'd go, but like a dummy i can't think of the roads...i can SEE them in my brain--i'm a turn left at 7-11 and right at Wawa kind of girl!)

i THINK that sometimes only EZPass lanes are open on the bridge, but again, not 100% sure.....

click on this...might help

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/bridges/pdfs/gwb_adv_0907.pdf

Hi,

laurie

It should be ok....listen to either 1010 wins or 880 wcbs for traffic reports...They are redoing(paving one of the road ways)...but traffic on Sunday Morning is light. The alternative is stay on thruway to the cross county parkway west to the saw mill river south to NYC to the Henry Hudson Parkway which will bring you in under the GW bridge in Manhattan and will be an ok drive.

Hi,

laurie

Hi, I hate traveling over the Bridge, might I suggest that you take 287 across the Tappan Zee and then travel south on 87 to 9a I think there is less traffic that way.

Archived