Please tell me about Smith Cove.

vacationseeker

Smith's Cove is probably a couple of miles outside the port area, so you'd have to take a cab. There's also no services there...food, restrooms, etc.

I'd rent a car, and that way you could see Smith's Cove and also venture over to that side of the island. The blow holes are on around that way (maybe 6-8 miles or so from there), and there's a great reataurant that direction (The Lighthouse). The East End is our favorite part of the island and we always make a beeline over in that direction. We use Andy's for our cars, but there's a lot of other rental places. We were concerned that driving on the "wrong" side of the road would be hard, but it was a snap. Traffic does not move that quickly there, and we always rent a car that's got the steering on the left. It's my job to navigate, while hubby drives. :)

We saw the most breathtaking picture of Smith Cove please tell me we can go there when we are in Grand Cayman next week...we have been a few times and would love to go somewhere with that kind of natural beauty!! Please tell us more!!

I am also really interested in this place since we are having our wedding photos done on that beach next February. :D

We are getting married at Old Grand House (just a few minutes away from Smith Cove) which is one of the best restaurants on the islands (so I have been told) - though a little pricey !

Please may I ask you to take some photos, if you end up there next week , to post on here ?

PS I have been told that there are no shops, but there are rest rooms there.

My husband refuses to drive and I don't want to either. I do hope someone who has taken a taxi can tell me the cost and whether they will come back at a specified time.

I don't know if they'd do something like that or not. The cabs are the van-types, and they usually run the 7MB stretch. You may be able to cut a deal and get one to agree to do that...but you'd have no way of contacting someone if the cab driver forgot. I guess you could walk to the main road and look for someone to give you a life back to the port area.

If you have a cell phone, you could get their number and call them (once you're on GC). We have Sprint and our phones worked all over the island.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll find a cab to take you there and it should not be more than 10 US. As far as coming back we're talking about a mile and a half to walk so you can be back in Georgetown in about 20 minutes. There are no phones around there, no services and no restrooms either. It's a place for locals and not busy at except for weekends.

Have fun.

You'll find a cab to take you there and it should not be more than 10 US. As far as coming back we're talking about a mile and a half to walk so you can be back in Georgetown in about 20 minutes. There are no phones around there, no services and no restrooms either. It's a place for locals and not busy at except for weekends.

Have fun.

Archived