Hotels that offer transfers to cruise port?

honeymoon06

Can anyone recommend any hotels that offer complimentary transfers to the cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

Embassy Suites used to have complimentary transfers but now they have a room choice that is $14 more and includes transfers for two to the port.

The one we stayed at last year was the Best Western in Ft. Lauderdale. They picked us up from the airport and took us to the cruise terminal the next day. The price was under $100.00 for one night's accommodation. The hotel was old but had been recently renovated; with large rooms and very comfortable Queen size beds and nice pool. Very convenient to restaurants, liquor store across the street and Publix grocery store. It suited us just fine.

Can anyone recommend any hotels that offer complimentary transfers to the cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

Hampton Inn also has shuttle from the airport and to the pier. Also took us to a very nice restaurant and pointed out the grocery right across the street for those last minute in-cabin wine purchases!:D

RIN1: It's the BW Airport and Cruiseport and is located on SR84, 1 mile from the airport/cruiseport. We stayed there in July of last year and I know the rate was under $100. It now states free pickup at the airport but a charge for transportation to the cruise although we were not charged for either. They were very prompt at picking up as well. You just dial their code on arrival at the airport and there were there within 10 min. We actually stayed there 2 nights before our cruise and the rooms were very large with 2 Queen beds, sofa, fridge, microwave and large bathroom. There's a liquor store across the street, Wendy's, Winn Dixie (not Publix like I thought) and lots of restaurants on the main road. We ate at a lovely German restaurant one night with live music. We found them to be very hospitable. I think prices are determined by time of year, probably more expensive during winter months.

Is the Best Western the Oakland Park or the Aiport/Cruiseport one? Because I only saw rates for the latter of nearly $200. :eek:

RIN1: It's the BW Airport and Cruiseport and is located on SR84, 1 mile from the airport/cruiseport. We stayed there in July of last year and I know the rate was under $100. It now states free pickup at the airport but a charge for transportation to the cruise although we were not charged for either. They were very prompt at picking up as well. You just dial their code on arrival at the airport and there were there within 10 min. We actually stayed there 2 nights before our cruise and the rooms were very large with 2 Queen beds, sofa, fridge, microwave and large bathroom. There's a liquor store across the street, Wendy's, Winn Dixie (not Publix like I thought) and lots of restaurants on the main road. We ate at a lovely German restaurant one night with live music. We found them to be very hospitable. I think prices are determined by time of year, probably more expensive during winter months.

The time RIN1 is booking the rooms start at $199. There is really nothing really cheap in Fort Lauderdale due to the amount of ships sailing from there on any given weekend in the winter months.

I've never cruised in the winter before and when I went to book my hotel room the price was $319 for the Embassy suites which I just stayed at in June for $145. After doing a little research I found out that there are 13 ships leaving from Fort Lauderdale on the weekend we are cruising.(2/3/08)

We wound up booking the Comfort Suites cruiseport for $186 a night.

Bill

The time RIN1 is booking the rooms start at $199. There is really nothing really cheap in Fort Lauderdale due to the amount of ships sailing from there on any given weekend in the winter months.

I've never cruised in the winter before and when I went to book my hotel room the price was $319 for the Embassy suites which I just stayed at in June for $145. After doing a little research I found out that there are 13 ships leaving from Fort Lauderdale on the weekend we are cruising.(2/3/08)

We wound up booking the Comfort Suites cruiseport for $186 a night.

Bill

Check the LaQuinta, Hollywood, FL. It's showing $134.00 now for your date. Nice hotel and close to restaurants and shopping. They have a shuttle from the airport and one to the port. They also have free cruise parking if you're driving, and a continental breakfast.

Amerisuites on 17th (soon to be Hyatt Place) has a free shuttle. I got the rooms at a great price of $79.00 back 8 months ago off of the internet when I booked my cruise. I understand once it officially becomes Hyatt Place, the same room will be in the neighborhood of $175-200.00.

I hear some of their already remodled rooms are very upscale. Hope I get one of them!!!

Hughbud

Hi Rin!

We've booked a room at Sleep Inn and Suites (Dania). It has shuttle FLL to hotel and hotel to Port and free breakfast.

We stayed there this year in April and while nothing fancy, it was fine. There is a Walgreens right there and across street restaurants and a Publix.

Prices are not great at about 190 but they do not charge a one night deposit so you can always book and then cancel. They are booking up quickly.

I'm going to see how the Yankee Trader is in December and if ok, may switch to them if I can use points.

Sharon

Check the LaQuinta, Hollywood, FL. It's showing $134.00 now for your date. Nice hotel and close to restaurants and shopping. They have a shuttle from the airport and one to the port. They also have free cruise parking if you're driving, and a continental breakfast.

Ditto. We always stay there (my husband has points), and we keep exploring the area on foot, and there is a KMart to buy heavy toiletries, and a Red Lobster, a Sweet Tomatoes, and a Wendy's for dinner. If you're there on a weekend, the shuttle can be very crowded...they actually get a small bus and pull a trailer with luggage behind, and you may have to make several stops at ships before they arrive at yours. However, on weekdays, we're usually the only couple going to a ship, and it's very fast.

Archived