Teen "Oasis" on Maasdam?

bogo

Hi - does the teen "Oasis" (still) exist on Maasdam? A friend told me about it - private outdoor area with hammocks or palm trees or whatever - but I honestly couldn't find it on my recent cruise!

Anybody know?

Hi - does the teen "Oasis" (still) exist on Maasdam? A friend told me about it - private outdoor area with hammocks or palm trees or whatever - but I honestly couldn't find it on my recent cruise!

Anybody know?

I took a peek on the one on the Veendam. (I think the sister ship of the Maasdam). It was late at night and I was exploring the ship. It was empty. It was a very cool space. They gave the teenagers the best PH spot on the ship. It was through the teen area and up a staircase. It had all kind of fake palm trees.

That's correct. Maasdam did not get the palm tree/hammock oasis. We saw it on Ryndam, Volendam, Veendam etc but Maasdam didn't get it because they already had a Club HAL Center from years prior when the other ships did not.

That's correct. Maasdam did not get the palm tree/hammock oasis....

Mercifully...

...but Maasdam didn't get it because they already had a Club HAL Center from years prior when the other ships did not.

...or someone at HAL caught a sudden case of restraint and good taste.

That's correct. Maasdam did not get the palm tree/hammock oasis. We saw it on Ryndam, Volendam, Veendam etc but Maasdam didn't get it because they already had a Club HAL Center from years prior when the other ships did not.

I thought you had not been on the Veendam yet?

It's a great ship.

We've sailed Veendam at least 4-5 times.... all the way back to her Inaugural Season in the Caribbean for back-to-backs. I don't know what made you think that??

We had a cruise booked on her for November 25, 2007 but cancelled it just before final payment and rebooked to sail on "My" :) Maasdam.

We'd happily sail Veendam again any time.

Archived