What's the right side of the ship for the best views

So I'm about to book a cabin for my upcoming trip to the Med, stopping in the ports of Naples, Istanbul, Kusadasi, Athen, Myknos, Port Said and Alexandria. I'm booking a balcony room but am concerned I'll pick the side of the ship with no view, and wouldn't that be ashame!:(

I'm going on the Star not that it should matter and anyone with any knowledge here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bel

I'm booking a balcony room but am concerned I'll pick the side of the ship with no view, and wouldn't that be ashame!:(

I'm going on the Star not that it should matter and anyone with any knowledge here would be appreciated.

Your view will vary, depending on the port. While the ship may not make a difference, the itinerary/direction(s) you are sailing may be critical to your view while underway.

For instance if you are streaming along the Italian coast to Naples, you want to be on the port side if sailing southbound, or on starboard if sailing northbound.

As X-ring said in most ports you can't predict what berth you will be in. In Istanbul if you are port side you will have a nice view of Istanbul across the straits to west Istanbul in Asia. On starboard you will be right at Istanbul europe side. Basically some industrial buildings at front and the town hoing from there. In Athens, Piraeus is just a big port. I don't think side is an issue. Alexandria is an industrial port, no town views. Kusadasi is nice but it might depend on berth but again not really an issue.

Archived