Shore Vs. Boat Snorkeling?

tnr

We will be in Bonaire in January from 1:00-6:00. I have a tentative booking with Renee for snorkeling. I have heard she is excellent. However, I have never done any shore snorkeling and am not sure how different it might be. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect? :confused:

We will be in Bonaire in January from 1:00-6:00. I have a tentative booking with Renee for snorkeling. I have heard she is excellent. However, I have never done any shore snorkeling and am not sure how different it might be. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect? :confused:

All of the reefs on Bonaire are very close to shore so a boat is not necessary to reach them unless you want to snorkle on Klein Bonaire. The snorkeling will be very easy because there are very little, if any, waves on the side of Bonaire you will be on. You just wade in and take a few kicks out to the reef.

I don't know anything about Renee but I've been to Bonaire six times for dive trips. It's my absolute favorite island for diving. You are sure to have a fantastic day.

I'm so envious of you - you are heading to my favorite dive spot and I see that you are also going on my two favorite ships ever - the Paul Gauguin and the Xpedition. I am turning 20 shades of green. :)

Becky, thanks for the input. I have seen a lot of mention about Klein Bonaire? How different is the snorkeling there?

We are really excited about all of our trips. I can hardly sleep at night.

Terri

Becky, thanks for the input. I have seen a lot of mention about Klein Bonaire? How different is the snorkeling there?

We are really excited about all of our trips. I can hardly sleep at night.

Terri

I'm sorry but I can't answer that since I've never snorkled there. The diving there is my favorite on the island though.

I was on the boards at www.bonairetalk.com and noticed there was a board devoted only to snorkling there. I bet you can find out more than you ever wanted to know there.

Have fun! :)

Archived