Room Overlooking Promenade

Janan

Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting a room overlooking the promenade (deck 8; midships) on the Mariner later on next May, What do you all think? Is it quiet at night? Any information from anyone,especially those who have stayed in a pr room would be great...BTW this will be my first RC cruise...looks like a fantastic ship and I'm Psyched!

Andy

We stayed in a promenade room on deck 8 on the Navigator. We hear no noise at all. It is great for people watching. Be sure if you do book one of these cabins you close the curtains when you don't want anyone to see inside your cabin.

Judi :)

My DW and I were in a PR cabin on the FOS in May '07. It was one of the nicest rooms I've had as interior rooms go. It never felt small or very cramped for space. The interior room we had on Mariner for the 9/16/07 cruise felt like a closet by comparison. I really wished we had a PR room that cruise. Noise was not bad at all. Only when the parades went by, otherwise it was very quite. We were smack in the middle of the promenode too. Try to get a room opposite the Wig and Gavel pub for some nice people watching(who wants to look at the guest services desk and watch people complain-lol) Go for it and have a great cruise!:D

Go to the scale of your ship and check the room number and you will be able to tell if it is a promanade room.

We were in a prom room on the Navagator and it was great.It was nice on the night that they had the parade when everyone was shoulder to shoulder we sat in the window and enjoyed.

Try deck 7; you can see better. Deck 8 rooms need tilted windows in order to see better.

Also, watch what you are opposite. We were opposite the Champagne Bar and there was never anyone there; very boring!

The Champagne Bar and the Purser's Desk are pretty far to the end and you can't see the parades very well from there.

Our first trip on the mariner we stayed in a promenade room on deck 7 and had no noise issues at all. We liked it so much that our next trip in February we are staying in a promenade on deck 6. Just remember, as others have said, to close your curtains if you don't want people looking in :eek: :D

Thank you for the replys please keep them coming....I especially like the tip about being across from the wig and gavel and not the Champagne bar also about deck 7 being easier to see. I have always learned alot from cc but I need you all especially now since RC is going to be a new experience for us, thanks again

Andy

I put my kids into the first PR on deck 8 for our upcoming Mariner cruise and my husband and I took a hump balcony.

While we were on Freedom I was sure to point out to them how easy it is to see into the windows. I think they will be OK when changing but I am more concerned with what they will see across the hall with an open curtain.:eek: ;)

Hi Janan!!

DH and I are booked on the May 18th Mariner in a PR stateroom-- # 8579!

This will be our first time too (my first cruise ever!) in a PR room but I thought it would be a little better than a plain inside!

I'm enjoying hearing the feedback too--and I DO plan on keeping those curtains shut most of the time!!! :p

Archived