Cozumel Twice On One Trip?

Island Dog

Leaving Sun 9/30 on Carnival Legend that was originally scheduled for Costa Maya then Roatan, Honduras after the hurricane. Just read off cruisecal.com that Carnival has replaced Roatan with Cozumel. This will be the second stop in Cozumel in 3 days! Why would they do such a stupid thing? We were looking forward to going to Roatan as we had not been there yet and had booked a shore excursion there (prepaid to Carnival). There are no weather issues. I don't understand this and am not thrilled.:mad:

According to Carnival's website, you're going to GC, Coz, Belize, and Roatan.

I was checking out cruisecal the other day for a cruise I'm interested in and cruisecal was not accurate. Maybe it's just taking them awhile to get their website updated.

Cruisecal changed it from still saying Costa Maya to Cozumel tonight. It showed the cruise this week going to Roatan. I think they know something that Carnival is not letting anyone know yet. It will make for a hell day in port as cruisecal shows four ships in port that day. Can anyone say tender? I am now scrambling to set up alternate (cancellable) options 2 days from departure!:mad:

Cruisecal changed it from still saying Costa Maya to Cozumel tonight. It showed the cruise this week going to Roatan. I think they know something that Carnival is not letting anyone know yet. It will make for a hell day in port as cruisecal shows four ships in port that day. Can anyone say tender? I am now scrambling to set up alternate (cancellable) options 2 days from departure!:mad:

Don't trust Cruisecal. According to Carnival we are going to Roatan.

Don't see you on our roll call thread--come on over.

and how would cruisecal know something that Carnival is not letting anyone else know...I'm sure they would not tell a "secret" to a large online company.:eek:

Maybe cruisecal gets their information from the port schedules and not Carnival. Ever think of that? I believe in being prepared, the rest of you can scramble when Carnival lets you know about the switch after you have left port and only have the option of booking excursions through them. Good Luck!

Maybe cruisecal gets their information from the port schedules and not Carnival. Ever think of that? I believe in being prepared, the rest of you can scramble when Carnival lets you know about the switch after you have left port and only have the option of booking excursions through them. Good Luck!

Sorry, still thinkit is a farfetched idea.

I think the BEST thing to do would be to call Carnival and verify what is going on. That's not to say you'll get a straight answer, but it might be better than just trusting one website implicitly. If they tell you the ship is going to Roatan, then you could inquire as to why Cruisecal shows something different. It might give you some answers rather than just blindly trusting a particular website. Contrary to what some have suggested, there are occasional errors on the internet :rolleyes: (Yes, I know you all were being facetious!) And I wouldn't worry about 4 ships. We had 6 in Grand Cayman with a total of 22,000 people on land (+/-). It was crowded but not miserable.

Port schedules are set months in advance normally, so it's not that easy for anyone to just show up unannounced. Let's say you do spend two days in Coz. The most likely scenario would be an overnight stay. Personally I doubt that would happen due to port congestion, but if it did, it's fantastic. We did that several years ago when we were unable to get into Costa Maya. We sailed to Coz, and had to tender in the first day because there was no dock space, but otherwise it was marvelous. The crew got an unexpected shore break and were ecstatic. We ran into crew members who were on that cruise with us later on, and they still remembered their unexpected break.

I'm sure some people complained. Those who took advantage of the situation had a lot of fun.

Leaving Sun 9/30 on Carnival Legend that was originally scheduled for Costa Maya then Roatan, Honduras after the hurricane. Just read off cruisecal.com that Carnival has replaced Roatan with Cozumel. This will be the second stop in Cozumel in 3 days! Why would they do such a stupid thing? We were looking forward to going to Roatan as we had not been there yet and had booked a shore excursion there (prepaid to Carnival). There are no weather issues. I don't understand this and am not thrilled.:mad:

Since they just took some $$$ from us yesterday for an excursion in Roatan on 12/14, it had better be going to Roatan!!! :eek:

Port schedules are set months in advance normally, so it's not that easy for anyone to just show up unannounced. Let's say you do spend two days in Coz. The most likely scenario would be an overnight stay. Personally I doubt that would happen due to port congestion, but if it did, it's fantastic. We did that several years ago when we were unable to get into Costa Maya. We sailed to Coz, and had to tender in the first day because there was no dock space, but otherwise it was marvelous. The crew got an unexpected shore break and were ecstatic. We ran into crew members who were on that cruise with us later on, and they still remembered their unexpected break.

I'm sure some people complained. Those who took advantage of the situation had a lot of fun.

I would LOVE an overnight in Cozumel!!!!

ooooh, aren't you going to be a great fellow passenger :rolleyes:

I think it's safe to say that they aren't going to Cozumel twice in three days Island Dog. First of all Carnival says they are going to Roatan, which they've been saying all along, and secondly, going to Cozumel twice in three days would make absolutely no sense.

I think you can chalk this up as an error by cruisecal. Could it be they changed the order of the ports and cruisecal has Cozumel listed both on the original day the ship was going there and also on the new day? That is plausible. Maybe there is a new day for the Cozumel stop in which case you making arrangement for that date could pay off for you. But you won't be going there twice.

Don't trust Cruisecal. According to Carnival we are going to Roatan.

Don't see you on our roll call thread--come on over.

Don't trust Carnival. Just ask the thousands of poeple that got the change of iteneray at the terminal.

I know that yesterday for our cruise Nov 4th it stated on the CruiseCal we were going to Roatan. In fact the Legend was going to be the only cruise ship in Roatan on Nov 9th. Today it says we are going to Cozumel on the 7th and 9th of Nov:confused: . But the carnival website is still showing we will be in Roatan on the 9th. :confused: I am not going to worry about it though. It will be our first cruise and anything will be fine:D

I saw nothing creat in Cozumel! What do people like about it? I went last June (2006). After the wipe out from Hurricanes. Dock was demolished, no reefs left, water looked murky,etc... Did I just get a bad look at it?

I would guess....yes, you got a bad look at it...did you expect any different?

We actually ended up with two days in Cozumel last year on the Norwegian Majesty, due to being unable ot tender into Grand Cayman.

We loved it! More time to spend on the island, and not the mad rush to see and do everything in just a few hours. We had 12 hours one day and 8 the next. Wonderful! :D

We actually ended up with two days in Cozumel last year on the Norwegian Majesty, due to being unable ot tender into Grand Cayman.

We loved it! More time to spend on the island, and not the mad rush to see and do everything in just a few hours. We had 12 hours one day and 8 the next. Wonderful! :D

What did you end up doing? We were planning the PB the day we were going there. Of course have to do something different if we go a second day:)

Archived