Cozumel Twice On One Trip?

Island Dog

I appologize in advance if this is a stupid question but this will be my first cruise. We are on the 11/11 Legend cruise. Why do people look at Cruisecal over the Carnival website? Are there advantages? Thanks!

The reason you'd look at Cruisecal is to get an idea of the number of other ships that will be in port with you. Cruisecal is, however, very fallible as it is reliant on correct information from the cruiselines and isn't always updated quickly.

I saw nothing creat in Cozumel! What do people like about it? I went last June (2006). After the wipe out from Hurricanes. Dock was demolished, no reefs left, water looked murky,etc... Did I just get a bad look at it?

I love Cozumel.. I have been there twice now and am going back in January.

1st time I went there we went on a snokeling excursion and it was so beautiful.

the 2nd time we took a horse and buggy ride around the city and the driver was so informative and it was nice to see around the town.

This time I am hoping to go to Chankanaab National Park.

There also many beaches around the island. Great bars.. I hear Coconuts is a great place to go.

Xcart on the mainland I hear is fun, as well as the ruins Tulum and such.

The reason you'd look at Cruisecal is to get an idea of the number of other ships that will be in port with you. Cruisecal is, however, very fallible as it is reliant on correct information from the cruiselines and isn't always updated quickly.

I agree that it may be fallible but as I said earlier, it was showing the Legend in Roatan yesterday and has now changed the months of Nov and Dec to Cozumel. I was surprised that the Cruisecal showed that the Legend was the only ship in Roatan for Nov 9th. And as far as the Carnival website, it was showing Costa Maya until a week ago. It may be just an error but I wouldn't count out anything. There is really no telling what Carnival will do. It is still 36 days out till my cruise.

I agree that it may be fallible but as I said earlier, it was showing the Legend in Roatan yesterday and has now changed the months of Nov and Dec to Cozumel. I was surprised that the Cruisecal showed that the Legend was the only ship in Roatan for Nov 9th. And as far as the Carnival website, it was showing Costa Maya until a week ago. It may be just an error but I wouldn't count out anything. There is really no telling what Carnival will do. It is still 36 days out till my cruise.

Also very curious:rolleyes: The carnival website has since gone down since the op's posting:confused:

I saw nothing creat in Cozumel! What do people like about it? I went last June (2006). After the wipe out from Hurricanes. Dock was demolished, no reefs left, water looked murky,etc... Did I just get a bad look at it?

You went right after the hurricane and you want it to look special???? :rolleyes:

FTLOG, sometimes I get a headache from these boards.

I go to Coz every chance I get. The ship I was on in March stopped there, the ship I'll be on in Nov will be stopping there and the ship I'm taking in March 08 will stop there.

There is so much to see and do that the one half day you get in port isn't quite enough, so going twice during one cruise wouldn't bother me (although I seriosuly doubt that is going to happen to the OP)

My suggestion to people going to ANY port is to venture beyond the dock. Nothing is worse than posters coming on here and complaining about an island/country...when all they did was shop along the dock area.

Get in a cab and GO someplace...take an excursion that gets you into the land and seeing the people.

Nothing worse than a cruiser that reviews a port based on the 'shopping' :rolleyes:

I wonder where he gets his information? Does he get it from the cruiselines or the ports themselves:confused:

Published itineraries and change announcements made by the cruiselines.

Just like the rest of us. Only thing is he is doing all the research for us and has all the info in one place.

Published itineraries and change announcements made by the cruiselines.

Just like the rest of us. Only thing is he is doing all the research for us and has all the info in one place.

Thanks. Then it must be a mistake because the carnival website is not showing the change.

Look, I'm not complaining about the prospect of two days in Cozumel. We LOVE Cozumel. Actually I would love the prospect of an overnight in Cozumel to partake in some of the infamous nightlife. I just think it would be nice if I had found this out from Carnival and not from CruiseCal. It would also have been nice to have more than two days to prepare for a second stop there. If the change is true, then it was planned by Carnival for some reason (save diesel $$$???) other than the weather, so they probably knew well in advance. I would just have appreciated a little heads up. We are set, however. I have a no strings jeep reservation that will be waiting at the pier for me (should we go there). We will be cruising the shoreline going from beach bar to beach bar on this mexican paradise. The Boy Scouts taught me to "Be Prepared"!:D

After seeing your post I contacted Carnival and asked them if the Carnival Legend (oct 14 sailing, cruisecal had that we were going to Cozumel 2 times) would be going to Cozumel twice and the rep that I spoke with said no. He said that we would be going to hondoras instead of Costa Maya.

I really don't care where we go even if we go to Cozumel twice during the cruise. All I know is that we will be enjoying ourselves. But it would be nice to have accurate info so that we can make decisions on what excursions to do.

Thanks for the info

Archived