All That Passport Worry for Nothing...

TwinMom7

Ordered passports for husband and myself on September 13th - two weeks ago. Not cruising until April - 6+ months, no stress.

Received an email this morning that they are completed and have been mailed. Date of estimated receipt - October 1st.

No expedited service - just regular. It'll be interesting to see which Passport Service Center handled our request.

Anyway....looks like they might be finally getting caught up with the backlog.

Great -- sounds like this is a really good time for people to go ahead and order since processing seems to be going smoothly.

I hope the backlog doesn't reoccur after the first of the year but if mine were due or I needed one, I'd take advantage of the lull so I wouldn't have to worry later.

Great -- sounds like this is a really good time for people to go ahead and order since processing seems to be going smoothly.

I hope the backlog doesn't reoccur after the first of the year but if mine were due or I needed one, I'd take advantage of the lull so I wouldn't have to worry later.

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like we won't even need them in April, but I knew I planned to cruise again so we just went ahead and did it. Come next summer, when they'll most likely be required - we'll probably see a big bottleneck again come spring.

If you need one - this is definately the time to do it!!

Applied for ds passport yesterday and they said 6-8 weeks, tops. They are caught up. The postmaster also said that we didn't need it for the Caribbean and that we'd be just fine w/o it even through January.

Friends of ours didn't get their renewals for over 16 weeks (Apr. through the end of July) and wound up having to get temporary ones the day before they left for Europe. I need to ask them if they were reimbursed for the cost of the $50 last minute temporary passport photos!

I did mine during the summer, fearing that it would take 12+ weeks. I got it (regular mail) in just under 5 weeks. Processed in New Orleans. My nice photo they took at AAA looks horrible, though! I'm this "lovely" glowing gold color! Maybe they thought I was too pale.

:p

Remember Folks::::you May Not Need That Passport To Cruise Now.,however If For Some Reason Your Cruise Is Interrupted And You Have To Fly Home From Most Carribean Ports You Will Wish You Had It. So Don't Put Off Your Application.

Ordered passports for husband and myself on September 13th - two weeks ago. Not cruising until April - 6+ months, no stress.

Received an email this morning that they are completed and have been mailed. Date of estimated receipt - October 1st.

No expedited service - just regular. It'll be interesting to see which Passport Service Center handled our request.

Anyway....looks like they might be finally getting caught up with the backlog.

These will only be the "first draft" they will have your names and someone else's pictures.:rolleyes: Next will have your pics and someone else's names and on and on and on.

Just kidding, congrats.

Dan

These will only be the "first draft" they will have your names and someone else's pictures.:rolleyes: Next will have your pics and someone else's names and on and on and on.

Just kidding, congrats.

Dan

You can't get me today Dan - I have a new grandaughter and nothing will "rock my boat" today!!

Archived