Driving from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando

Billmont

I am currently looking at a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in March 2008. I would like to be able to go to Orlando after the cruise for 4 or 5 days.

Not being familiar with Florida, is it unreasonable to consider driving from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando?

Not being familiar with Florida, is it unreasonable to consider driving from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando?

It's not unreasonable at all. If it weren't for Floridians from Ft Lauderdale and Miami, Disney would shut down during the slow season.

Best bet is straight north on the Florida Turnpike, an easy drive, plenty of rest stops, not too many 18 wheelers (they use I-95) you'll be in Orlando in under 3 hours.

Here's a map from the airport to Disney:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=+Fort+Lauderdale%2FHollywood+Intl+Airport&daddr=Disney+World,+Bay+Lake,+Orange,+Florida,+United+States&sll=26.072371,-80.144469&sspn=0.006881,0.009978&ie=UTF8&z=8&*****=1

/////////////////

It's not unreasonable at all. If it weren't for Floridians from Ft Lauderdale and Miami, Disney would shut down during the slow season.

Best bet is straight north on the Florida Turnpike, an easy drive, plenty of rest stops, not too many 18 wheelers (they use I-95) you'll be in Orlando in under 3 hours.

Here's a map from the airport to Disney:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=+Fort+Lauderdale%2FHollywood+Intl+Airport&daddr=Disney+World,+Bay+Lake,+Orange,+Florida,+United+States&sll=26.072371,-80.144469&sspn=0.006881,0.009978&ie=UTF8&z=8&*****=1

/////////////////

That's great info. Thanks for the map. I'll let you know what we end up doing.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

We are also going to cruise out of Fort Lauderdale (March 8th, costa Mediterranea) and then spend 5 days in Orlando (My daughter will be playing softball there for her college) We are renting a car from Dollar for 5 days.

We signed up thru TNTresorts.com and are visiting a time share while we are there, so our 5 nights in Orlando will cost a whopping $149!!!! Great deal if you ask me for a 90 minute investment of your time!

Archived