Sunday Scenic Tours

MaryPoppinz

I found this on the Barbados Transport Board website. Does anyone have any idea how long these tours take? They begin at 2 p.m., but don't say how long they last. Seems like a nice, inexpensive way to see a part of the island after a Sunday morning excursion.

Scenic Tours

Our Sunday Scenic Tour is enjoyed by locals and visitor alike. It's an afternoon to sit back, relax and enjoy a tranquil outing to discover the unique treasures of Barbados. Enjoy the beauty of our sandy beaches and rigged coastline.

The Sunday Scenic Tour stops vary each Sunday as follows:

1st Sunday of each month

Folkestone Park, Farley Hill, East Coast Road.

2nd Sunday of each month

Cherry Tree Hill, Little Bay, River Bay

3rd Sunday of each month

Foul Bay, Three Houses Park, Bath

4th Sunday of Each month

Bathsheba, King George V Park, Silver Sands

Fare: Adults $15.00 BDS and Children $10.00 BDS

Buses leave Independence Square at 2:00 p.m. each Sunday and tickets are available from the change booths at Fairchild Street, Princess Alice Terminal and the Transport Board Headquarters.

*****/barbados/Travel/Transportation/Barbados_Transport_Board/

I may be wrong,

but this sounds like sightseeing tours primarily intended for local consumption,

and somehow I don't think they'll be back in time for your ship's departure,

unless your ship leaves after sunset!

I'm sure lots of long-stay tourists take these tours

(they're very welcome to..!)

but they don't have a ship to catch!

I found this on the Barbados Transport Board website. Does anyone have any idea how long these tours take? They begin at 2 p.m., but don't say how long they last. Seems like a nice, inexpensive way to see a part of the island after a Sunday morning excursion.

Scenic Tours

Our Sunday Scenic Tour is enjoyed by locals and visitor alike. It's an afternoon to sit back, relax and enjoy a tranquil outing to discover the unique treasures of Barbados. Enjoy the beauty of our sandy beaches and rigged coastline.

The Sunday Scenic Tour stops vary each Sunday as follows:

1st Sunday of each month

Folkestone Park, Farley Hill, East Coast Road.

2nd Sunday of each month

Cherry Tree Hill, Little Bay, River Bay

3rd Sunday of each month

Foul Bay, Three Houses Park, Bath

4th Sunday of Each month

Bathsheba, King George V Park, Silver Sands

Fare: Adults $15.00 BDS and Children $10.00 BDS

Buses leave Independence Square at 2:00 p.m. each Sunday and tickets are available from the change booths at Fairchild Street, Princess Alice Terminal and the Transport Board Headquarters.

*****/barbados/Travel/Transportation/Barbados_Transport_Board/

Hi, Mary!

This tour was conceived by Ian Jessamy and Lynda Holder of the Barbados Transport Board.

It was designed for locals and tourists alike. Anyone who had 3-4 hours to spare on a Sunday and wanted to see the island inexpensively.

I do believe that Mr. Aplmac is correct in stating that it is more for locals, or folks staying a week, than for the one-day cruiser. A 10 or 11am start would have been better for the 8-hour cruise visitor.

However, if you are not sailing until evening, this tour would be execllent.

The busses will be happy to call a cab or ZR for you whenever you decide to return. You don’t have to ride until the end (usually no more than four hours).

Please note the difference between this tour and a normal bus run: This tour stops for photos, questions, bathrooms and a quick bite to eat. The normal bus will get you to the same places for US$.75/ea, but doesn't stop for long.

Other dear readers staying longer, or perhaps prior or post sailing, we also have wonderful walking tours starting in Holetown that are very inexpensive and the guides are renown for their island knowledge.

My best wishes for a wonderful visit to the island. :)

Archived