Cat. G AFT Volendam - HELP - want to book ASAP

Lee77

I asked this on the HA board but will ask here as well. Received one reply concerning vibration and noise.

Is the vibration constant? Is the noise just in the early morning? Just trying to figure out if this would be worth the great price.

Anyone stayed in this catagory?

Thanks!

I have stayed aft many times. (not on your ship in question)

Vibration is not constant. Its when you are leaving or arrivng at port. It is not a overwhelming sensation.

The larger balcony and the quietness of the aft-- is more then worth it for us.

I believe (and according to HAL's deck plans) that 2706 & 2711 are porthole cabins but where 2715 & 2713 look out onto a deck rather than open water, they may have regular windows.

If you're concerned that much about vibration try going up higher, for example: to 7086 or 7083 on the Navigation deck....they're a very good value, if available.

Good luck!

I believe (and according to HAL's deck plans) that 2706 & 2711 are porthole cabins but where 2715 & 2713 look out onto a deck rather than open water, they may have regular windows.

If you're concerned that much about vibration try going up higher, for example: to 7086 or 7083 on the Navigation deck....they're a very good value, if available.

Good luck![/quote

Only a GTY is offered for cat. I but that is good information to keep in mind. Thanks!

I edited my post about the G cat. cabin #'s before I saw your reply as I got my magnifying glass out and saw the symbols for portholes etc.

Archived