Two-way Radios

seb1104mom

I'm thinking about investing a pair but have no clue about these gadgets. Can anyone recommend one that works pretty good while in sea and what should I look for? Thanks for your help.:confused:

You can buy many kinds of radios i have about 10 sets they all work great they are motorolas you can get a few sets at radio shack walmart target ect...pretty easy to use just make sure they are for the FM band you should get about 14 or 21 channels they have two types if i remeber right one that has a distant of about 2 miles and one thats 5 miles we have the 5 when we are on the ship our group does not have any problems.

I'm thinking about investing a pair but have no clue about these gadgets. Can anyone recommend one that works pretty good while in sea and what should I look for? Thanks for your help.:confused:

:rolleyes: Just go to radio shack, them them what you are looking for and they will help you but, before you spend the money, DW and I took the things with us on our first 2 cruises and never used them at all.:confused:

Another place you might want to shop and compare them is at ebay...thats where i bought my 5 sets of 2 with chargers thats 10 radios and 5 chargers for about $100 shipped. they had snaller sets and larger also..woodey

Another place to find them is a sporting goods store. It's almost hunting season so they are probably on sale. You can find a good set for under $30. My wife and I used them on both our cruises, and are taking them on our third. Good Luck and have fun!!

I'm also looking for some two-way radios and found some that are FRS and have a good coverage area. I don't know what FRS stands for, but there are a lot of them on EBay that look pretty good for about $70 with shipping.

We already have some because we take them to Wyoming when we get out in the middle of nowhere and need to keep in touch with everybody but I would definitely agree with the idea to try a sporting goods store like Scheel's, Cabelas, etc... They should have a good variety and would probably be able to give you a recommendation as far as what you need. From what I understand from reading on the boards about using them (taking them this time but didn't last time), you should get as many channels as you can in case there are a lot of people using them onboard.

Archived