Just Off The Sensation 9/27-9/30..My First CC Review!

NurseBeth

Thank you for the review. We are doing the 3 day in January and I am reading all I find about the Sensation. I just hope we don't have the waves like y'all had on the last night, that sounded horrible. I have been on two cruises so far and I have gotten seasick on both. I love cruising though, go figure. I guess the call of the sea outweighs the nausea.

Thank you for the review. We are doing the 3 day in January and I am reading all I find about the Sensation. I just hope we don't have the waves like y'all had on the last night, that sounded horrible. I have been on two cruises so far and I have gotten seasick on both. I love cruising though, go figure. I guess the call of the sea outweighs the nausea.

JWhichever seasickness med you choose, try taking it at least an hour before you get on the ship, and then every 12 hours for the entire cruise whether you feel sick or not. Also, if the ship really starts rocking, try to monitor your fluid intake. Believe it or not, that extra liquid in your stomach actually compounds the effects of seasickness. Also...one last thing....keep peppermints or hard candies with you and stick one in your cheek. Don't suck or chew on it...just let it dissolve. This should help also! ;)

It was pretty awe-inspiring at how powerful the ocean can be. I have always been fascinated by it. Hopefully you will have super-smooth seas for your sailing! I'm sure you will have a great time!

Anyhow I think I saw you around the ship, as your avatar looks familiar, but then again there was so many people, after a while they all began to look the same lol.

It's so funny you say that, because I was looking at your avatar and I was like "Hey...I think I saw that guy on the cruise!" :D

Those of you who think seasickness is amusing need to be blessed with the experience at least once. :(

I'm taking names and if one of you who are laughing ends up on a cruise with me, I'll track you down and hurl all over you. :D

During my first cruise on the Jubilee, we had 14 foot seas and the Jubilee was a small ship. And our cabin was in the bow on the Main deck. My stomach starts to feel queasy just thinking about it.

Somehow, I managed to keep from puking, but I had to work really hard to do so. Odd how I never seem to actually miss a meal, though! :p

I dont think its amusing really, i think it kind of sucked because I wanted to party and there wasn't a whole lot of people to party with. The philipino band in the place next to the club, I dont remember the name, but they rocked pretty much. Nah, its not a matter of being amused at the people being sick ,its a matter of just being amused in general. I get so extremely relaxed on cruises, that it just doesn't matter.

Now, I didnt feel sick at all, but instead, my head kept getting light from all the up and down movement...

Those of you who think seasickness is amusing need to be blessed with the experience at least once. :(

I'm taking names and if one of you who are laughing ends up on a cruise with me, I'll track you down and hurl all over you. :D

During my first cruise on the Jubilee, we had 14 foot seas and the Jubilee was a small ship. And our cabin was in the bow on the Main deck. My stomach starts to feel queasy just thinking about it.

Somehow, I managed to keep from puking, but I had to work really hard to do so. Odd how I never seem to actually miss a meal, though! :p

My fiance' & I do offshore fishing in our boat all the time. Trust me...I have felt the agony of seasickness and find nothing about it amusing!! The funny part to me was the fact that the ship was lurching around like it was drunk! :D

That's another reason why I decided to stay in the room...didn't feel like watching people blow chunks all night!

Ugh! Been on one sailing where the elevators made you wish you had no question taken the stairs upon entry when you saw people had been sick! We were on the 9/13 sailing and had no problems at all, but can relate and glad you made the best of it.

Chalk it down to one of life's different moments you get to remember. I know you will and will be ready to go again.

Archived