Anyone Ever Booked - HAL Share?

LEtue

I have been researching Alaska 2005 and wondered if anyone has booked on HAL using the guarantee share option? Looks like a good deal but a little risky. I guess it would work if you couldn't find a roomie by cruise time.

Please share your experiences - good and bad!

It's just my personal opinion, but I would not want to take the chance of spending so much money and taking the time to cruise to only wind up with the cabinmate from hell. I can't imagine spending a whole week sharing a cabin with someone who had habits that drove me insane. And I probably have habits that would drive other people crazy, so I avoid those guaranteed share programs.

I did a share on Carnival one time. She wasn't a bad roommate, just a lot younger then I am. I was 42, she was in her early 20's. I never really saw her very much . However, I realized just how it risky it was and I wouldn't take that chance again sharing a cabin for 7 days with someone I don't know.

Linda - I have never considered a share, my reason, the same as Kitty's. In June, on my first HAL cruise, I was quoted a price $500 HIGHER for a share, than I was able to find on the net in MY OWN ROOM. In all fairness, one day, while at the HAL site, I saw a lower price, emailed my TA, and got even a better deal as she matched it(before final payment), but I never saw another deal that low on the HAL site, for that particular cruise.... it was there for two days, and then gone.

For my Alaska cruise last week, I booked through cruisequick, and got a great rate, imo, but don't think I would use them again. Btw, I only booked the cruise 6-8 weeks out. I have noticed that the HAL 2005 prices are alot higher than what I paid in 2004, but perhaps they will come down.

Marie

Archived