San Diego Best Westerns Need Help Please!

hndmn4wf

I would like to get a Best Western after getting off the ship in San Diego (2008) for 1 1/2 days before flying home, Why? Because I"ll be using gift cards and trying to rack up points.

Would like something not far from airport but in a nice spot, restaurants, and maybe some sightseeing (not too strenuous) so don't want zoos anything that'd take a long time or alot of walking. Would be nice if I could find a tour to see some of the sites and maybe get to take some pictures. Never been to California so really in the dark of what not to miss.

Ok here I go. Could anybody tell me if they've stayed in any of these Best Westerns and your opinion or if you can suggest one of these?

Also how far away from the pier after we disembark and how far to airport.

Which would you pick? Thanks for all your help.

Best Western Golden Triangle Inn

8550 Clairemont Mesa Blvd

Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel

5005 N. Harbor Dr. (Renovating now)

Best Western Bayside Inn

555 W. Ash St.

Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites

6474 El. Cajon Blvd.

Best Western Cabrillo Garden Inn

840 A St.

Best Western Seven Seas

411 Hotel Circle S.

Best Western Hacienda Hotel Old Town

4041 Harney St

I would like to get a Best Western after getting off the ship in San Diego (2008) for 1 1/2 days before flying home, Why? Because I"ll be using gift cards and trying to rack up points.

Would like something not far from airport but in a nice spot, restaurants, and maybe some sightseeing (not too strenuous) so don't want zoos anything that'd take a long time or alot of walking. Would be nice if I could find a tour to see some of the sites and maybe get to take some pictures. Never been to California so really in the dark of what not to miss.

Ok here I go. Could anybody tell me if they've stayed in any of these Best Westerns and your opinion or if you can suggest one of these?

Best Western Bayside Inn

555 W. Ash St.

6474 El. Cajon Blvd.

840 A St.

Best Western Seven Seas

411 Hotel Circle S.

4041 Harney St

Sorry but I left out 3 more Best Westerns

Best Western Blue Sea Lodge

707 Pacific Beach Dr.

Best Western Island Palms Hotel and Marina

2051 Shelter Island Dr.

Best Western Mission Bay

2575 Clairemont Dr.

All of these are in San Diego

Best Western Ash St. Don't go to the others. Look up the address on Mapquest and you can see this Downtown location.

Why only this one? Is this one near airport and not far from cruise terminal?

Thanks! :)

It is about a mile from the airport, a couple blocks from the cruise terminal and walking to restaurants and shops downtown and you can pick up the Old Town Trolly tour bus if you want to spend time seeing San Diego. The Old town Trolly will take you to all the spots and you can get off at certain points and get back on later. http://www.oldtowntrolley.com/ Gotta go to work, reply later. :)

Best Western Bayside Inn - near cruise terminal and airport -

555 W. Ash St.

Best Western Seven Seas - Mission Valley - only about 5 minutes to Old Town

411 Hotel Circle S.

Best Western Hacienda Hotel Old Town - nice, but may not be cheap.

4041 Harney St

I believe all 3 has a shuttle to the Airport.

Tom

P.S. all are within 10-15 minutes of the cruise terminal

Best Western Bayside Inn - near cruise terminal and airport -

555 W. Ash St.

Best Western Seven Seas - Mission Valley - only about 5 minutes to Old Town

411 Hotel Circle S.

Best Western Hacienda Hotel Old Town - nice, but may not be cheap.

4041 Harney St

I believe all 3 has a shuttle to the Airport.

Tom

P.S. all are within 10-15 minutes of the cruise terminal

Are all these clean? Any problems about any of them?

Thanks! :)

The three that I suggested are all OK - check cost - there WILL BE a significant difference in the price.

From most expensive to least expensive:

Best Western Bayside Inn

Best Western Seven Seas

All three are in good areas and I would stay at any one of them.

Tom

We stayed at the Bayside Inn on Ash st 2 weeks ago, had a room on the 5th floor(try to go higher) with view of cruise ship, clean hotel with free breakfeast in the AM. Little Italy is down the street. :) Filippis Pizza Grotto!!! http://www.baysideinn.com/ they do have a shuttle.

Elation 9-17-07

Star Princess 11-10-08

Dawn Princess 5-11-07

Regal Princess 7-25-06

The Best Western Bayside Inn has shuttle service to and from both the pier and the airport, has a small restuarant next door (Bayside Grill) that services Breakfast & Dinner, is in walking distance back to the pier area for siteseeing and restuarants at/near the Holiday Inn (Anthony's for Sea Food), is 2 blocks to Little Italy and easy walking distance to the Gas Lamp Quarter, plus the trolly and bus service are nearby.

Place is clean (seems every time I stay there they are repainting), rooms have Microwave, small Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Iron & Ironing Board and the Bayside Grill does room-service. Bayview rooms on floor 11 & 12 wil get you a view of the ship(s) in port.

I'll be there in 11 days for the 4th time. I recommend it, but then I use their Stay, Cruise & Park package. Car has never been bothered and I park it in their covered garage.

The Best Western Bayside Inn has shuttle service to and from both the pier and the airport, has a small restuarant next door (Bayside Grill) that services Breakfast & Dinner, is in walking distance back to the pier area for siteseeing and restuarants at/near the Holiday Inn (Anthony's for Sea Food), is 2 blocks to Little Italy and easy walking distance to the Gas Lamp Quarter, plus the trolly and bus service are nearby.

Place is clean (seems every time I stay there they are repainting), rooms have Microwave, small Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Iron & Ironing Board and the Bayside Grill does room-service. Bayview rooms on floor 11 & 12 wil get you a view of the ship(s) in port.

I'll be there in 11 days for the 4th time. I recommend it, but then I use their Stay, Cruise & Park package. Car has never been bothered and I park it in their covered garage. They have 2 mini-van for shuttle service.

I like the Seven Seas. I have stayed there for many conferences on business in the past. I like it so much that I took my family there once on vacation. The place is clean, pool is wam and the staff is freindly, plus the ****tle service is good.

Also, it is walking distance to a nice mall which has restraunts (II like the Pizzaria Uno there!) and there are other places within walking distance. Keep in mind that I always flew in , used shuttle service and walked to places. The shuttle service can probably take you to other places for free like the zoo ot sea world (they took me to and picked me up from Sea World once).

My final impression f the place is that of an old motel that really tries hard . I have stayed at other places on Hotel Circle, and Seven Seas is my favorite. Even though business will send me to a conference held at the Town and Country, I prefer staying at the cheaper Seven Seas and walking across the street to attend the conference!

This Dec, I will be at the 7 seas again for one night. Fro around $100, they give you one night and and free shuttle and parking for the car for a week- can't beat that.

I just noticed this thread........don't know if you decided yet. We cruised out of San Diego last Oct. and stayed at the BW Island Palms Hotel and Marina, Shelter Island, before and after our cruise. We absolutely loved it there. They have a free airport and cruise terminal shuttle service and the friendliest staff we've ever encountered at any hotel! Our flight arrived late, so when we called the hotel for the shuttle service, the drivers had already left, so the Hotel Manager came and picked us up. When we got to the hotel, he told the front desk clerk to upgrade us to a suite overlooking the marina! We took their shuttle to the terminal the next day and when we arrived, the driver told us exactly where he would be when we disembarked after our cruise.......we walked off the ship and he was there waiting for us. Everyone we met at this hotel was friendly and helpful. The restaurant was great also. When we got home, I sent a note naming all the people we met and thanking them for the great service!

Best Western Bayside Inn

555 W. Ash St.

6474 El. Cajon Blvd.

840 A St.

Best Western Seven Seas

411 Hotel Circle S.

4041 Harney St

We just arrived home after 3 days at the Bayside Inn..I asked & received a waterview up high...we were on the top floor facing the bay--saw our ship leave for Hawaii after dumping us off from Alaska repostioning cruise. We did have a bit of a wait for the shuttle--as they don't just cme in--they had a new shuttle with no markings--we waited over 30 minutes & I made a 2nd call which then let me know what the driver was wearing..the hotel staff was very friendly--the resturant next door was NOT very good--cold food & not even a garbage to put the papers in--I thought they would ask if we wanted the coupon from the hotel or if we wanted to order from the menu--I believe it is a bit more to add it to it..we did walk up & around Little Italy..also walked down to Anthony's at the pier..we could see the planes landing at the airport also--as it is only like 3 miles away. We had to use a taxi for our trip to the airport as we needed to be there before the shuttle starts (I think they told me it is 7am) So our room as I said was on the top floor--according to them floor #14--according to US..floor #13--as it jumped from 12 to 14...you know alot of people won't stay on the 13th floor..:eek: they also have a pop/soda machine which is normal but they also have a BEER machine--just like a pop one--never saw one before..I think they are like $2..we had a great pizza across the street--can't remember the name--short name tho & kitty-corner from hotel. An Aussie couple with 2 children from our hotel were eating there--so we had a nice visit about their country--to which we are going in Jan 2008

• 4 weeks later...

We just stayed @ Bestwestern Bayside 1 night prior to our cruise. It was in a wonderful location. Walked to look @ Star of India, cruise ships in port, and seaport village. Later walked to Little Italy for dinner.

Clean rooms & nice complimentary breakfast.

We will stay there again in a heartbeat.

Just returned from our cruise and stayed pre-cruise at the Seven Seas on Hotel Circle. Loved it!! We had a big group so got four rooms. The grounds are beautiful and the pool area was great for hanging out and chatting with friends. They also have a lounge and restaurant, we had drinks around the pool and then in the evening relaxed in the hot tub.

The hotel offers complimentery shuttle from airport and to the cruise terminal. Just make sure you make a reservation for the shuttle at the time you want to leave for the ship.

We utilized the shuttle to take us to dinner in Old Town. They will take you and drop off then you call when done and they come back for you. We went to Cafe Coyote, great place!!

At $89 per night, it was a great value. Very friendly staff and clean property. Also, there is a small store within walking distance. My husband went down the morning we left and bought some beer to take on the cruise with us. :p

Enjoy your vacation!

Just returned from our cruise and stayed pre-cruise at the Seven Seas on Hotel Circle. Loved it!! We had a big group so got four rooms. The grounds are beautiful and the pool area was great for hanging out and chatting with friends. They also have a lounge and restaurant, we had drinks around the pool and then in the evening relaxed in the hot tub.

The hotel offers complimentery shuttle from airport and to the cruise terminal. Just make sure you make a reservation for the shuttle at the time you want to leave for the ship.

We utilized the shuttle to take us to dinner in Old Town. They will take you and drop off then you call when done and they come back for you. We went to Cafe Coyote, great place!!

At $89 per night, it was a great value. Very friendly staff and clean property. Also, there is a small store within walking distance. My husband went down the morning we left and bought some beer to take on the cruise with us. :p

Enjoy your vacation!

I am staying there next week and I have a quick question for you..or anyone else that has stayed at this hotel. Did you park your car there during the cruise and if you did..did the hotel staff ask you to leave your keys with them? They told us that we had to leave the keys and I find that very weird. Last year in Florida we didn't have to do that. So I was just wondering if you had to do that and what was the reason behind that? I'm confused hehe. :confused:

Archived