How do you find out about price reductions?

tardis_mom

Hi,

I am brand new to cruising - we'll be cruising on the Carnival Imagination in November 2008. I understand that cruise prices change daily. We booked through a travel agent. Will she notify us and credit us if prices go down or do we continue to check back on Carnival's website to see what the current price is and notify our travel agent? Do we even get credit if the prices go down or are we stuck with the price we booked at? Thanks very much.

You can check on CCL's website. If you see the price reduced, call your TA to see if you can get the price reduction. Somes specials are for new bookings only, and you would not be eligible for the savings. Your TA will be able to let you know.

Thanks very much. This is exactly what I needed to know.

Be aware there are last minute offers that are for new bookings only. Many folks think they should get those reduced prices and are upset when they don't. So before asking your TA make sure it is not a "New Bookings" offer you want the reduction on.

To repeat one my prior posts: When one books a cruise, the price must have been agreeable at the time. I don't expect any compensation if the price drops, new bookings or not. Would one expect to pay more if the price goes up? I just book it and forget it as I think some people inflict brain damage for nothing.

Enjoy your cruise.

To repeat one my prior posts: When one books a cruise, the price must have been agreeable at the time. I don't expect any compensation if the price drops, new bookings or not. Would one expect to pay more if the price goes up? I just book it and forget it as I think some people inflict brain damage for nothing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Great post! :D I inflicted my brain last year for 500.00 onboard credit after a price drop! :p

Hi,

I am brand new to cruising - we'll be cruising on the Carnival Imagination in November 2008. I understand that cruise prices change daily. We booked through a travel agent. Will she notify us and credit us if prices go down or do we continue to check back on Carnival's website to see what the current price is and notify our travel agent? Do we even get credit if the prices go down or are we stuck with the price we booked at? Thanks very much.

you may want to check your cruise now, I just checked mine and the price went down as well as upgrades went up... :eek:

I just called to get yet another upgrade.. :D

Just booking and then ignoring can cost you big bucks. Our TA only books cruises, so he is very aware of price reductions. Last month our cruise (Emerald Princess Med & Trans-Atlantic Oct 2008) had a reduction of $750. pp, that amounted to $1500. for both my husband and me. Our very conscientious TA immediately rebooked us at the lower price, and saved us alot. Were we willing to go at the original price, of course, Butwere we happy to save a small bundle? You bet. I immediately posted our savings on our CC Roll Call. Some were aware of it, either through their TA or by checking the Princess site on their own frequently. but many others were not aware of the reduction until it was posted and were able to get in on the deal. Should you go crazy checking multiple times daily looking to save a few dollars, obviously not, but I'm sure glad my TA was on top of things. $1500.00 dollars can certainly help with our port tours, (or buy an awful lot of wine!!!) sharonmae

Just booking and then ignoring can cost you big bucks. Our TA only books cruises, so he is very aware of price reductions. Last month our cruise (Emerald Princess Med & Trans-Atlantic Oct 2008) had a reduction of $750. pp, that amounted to $1500. for both my husband and me. Our very conscientious TA immediately rebooked us at the lower price, and saved us alot. Were we willing to go at the original price, of course, Butwere we happy to save a small bundle? You bet. I immediately posted our savings on our CC Roll Call. Some were aware of it, either through their TA or by checking the Princess site on their own frequently. but many others were not aware of the reduction until it was posted and were able to get in on the deal. Should you go crazy checking multiple times daily looking to save a few dollars, obviously not, but I'm sure glad my TA was on top of things. $1500.00 dollars can certainly help with our port tours, (or buy an awful lot of wine!!!) sharonmae

Maybe I should clarify my original comment. If you spending big bucks on a cruise that's one thing. The cost of my cruises range in the $1,500 range (2 people), that's another. Some people just go nuts for $50-100. That's the brain damage I was talking about.

Maybe I should clarify my original comment. If you spending big bucks on a cruise that's one thing. The cost of my cruises range in the $1,500 range (2 people), that's another. Some people just go nuts for $50-100. That's the brain damage I was talking about.

I dont know.....$50-$100 seems worth the headache to me!:D

~Connie

I make the "Cruise Details" page from the cruise I've booked my homepage. So, every time I open my Internet Browser it comes up and I glance at it. We've already had a $100 p/p drop in price that we've taken advantage of for our cruise next May.

This way I don't actually have to look for the current price--it is just there.

I think every little penny counts, If I can get an onboard credit for price reduction I consider that the less money I have to spend. right now there is a $10 price reduction on our cruise and I still want it. I have been upgraded from a 6a to a 6c now with the price reduction that will be a on board credit and because I have another email address signed up as well I have now been notified of a $50 on board credit for cruises that carnival is currently running thru 10/28. so inflict me and it may not sound as much at the time but with the upgrades and reductions it really adds up. And Im all about saving, I mean we are going to have a good time but Im also all about saving and unfortuanetly I cant say I dont worry about my money...

But to answer your question.. one major thing I have learned from this board becuase I do not receive Promotional emails now that I have booked I have signed up another email address so I still get them..

Archived