Single cruisers

ladyjane550

I almost always cruise alone and love it! :) Except for having to pay double:eek:. You can do whatever you want to do whenever you want without consultation, argument or hurt feelings. You will meet many wonderful, friendly people and won't be lonely unless you want to remain aloof. Enjoy

Have absolutely no qualms about cruising alone! Most of my cruises have been as a single and except for the single supplement and having to deal with luggage alone, being single is not a problem. It is easy to meet other people on the ship. A lady on my recent Royal Princess cruise has a husband who does not like to cruise. So, he stays home and takes care of the house and pets while she has sailed on 47 cruises(with at least 3 more booked)!

I am a widow, disabled and cruise alone all the time. I love cruising because I do not have very far to go for entertainment or company when I want it. People are friendly and smile easily. Just book your shore excursion in the $40-$90 range and you will have lots of company. Sit at tables for six to eight so that you can meet people. Go on the roll call borad and talk to people before you go. The best part is you decide if you want to have a nap or play on your own time. :)

ladyjane550.....hello, my Brother, who interestingly enough lives in Rochester Hills, Michigan has been a solo cruiser for about 12 years now. He always goes the week of the New Year. He says if he was home he may be alone, on the ship he can celebrate New Year's Eve with a few thousand of his friends.

He has had only one semi-bad seating at dinner, a table for 8 with 7 family members. But even at that he didn't ask to move and he was ok with it after the first night. He is a great guy with some very many things to add to any conversation.

The only negative in all these years? He did a 10 day Panama Canal, and while he loved the trip for what he saw, he did feel (at least for him) 10 days was just a little to long.

So, don't let it slip by, if it is ok with you and your DH, go on, get out there!

Archived