Fare from Heathrow to Port Southampton?

We used Smiths for Airport in August of this year. They were waiting for us when we got off our plane. The plane was delayed two hours, however, Smiths was there and waiting for us. They are extremely efficient and reasonable. We highly recommend them. The cost was $68 BPS. This was much cheaper than other quotes.:)

You would be best getting a train.

Try here for looking at tickets.

The train is a good idea if starting from central London. However, I think that it's more hassle than it's worth from Heathrow, as there is no direct rail route from there to Southampton.
I honestly cannot fathom spending $407 (£200) to travel by cab from the airport to Port Southampton, so this will take a bit of investigation.
If you search this forum, you will find many threads about other ways of getting from Heathrow to Southampton. You'd seemed dead set on getting a taxi-type service.

The top suggestion is to take the National Express coach direct from Heathrow to Southampton coach station. From there, it's a quick and cheap cab ride to the dock.

I contacted Smithsforairports.com based on another poster's recommendation, and was quoted a price from Heathrow to my hotel in Southampton of 65 pounds. Quite reasonable, and I don't have to worry about schedule and luggage restrictions.

The train is a good idea if starting from central London. However, I think that it's more hassle than it's worth from Heathrow, as there is no direct rail route from there to Southampton.If you search this forum, you will find many threads about other ways of getting from Heathrow to Southampton. You'd seemed dead set on getting a taxi-type service.

The top suggestion is to take the National Express coach direct from Heathrow to Southampton coach station. From there, it's a quick and cheap cab ride to the dock.

The cab option was the one I did specify in my original post; however, I should have added that I would also consider other non-train options. (I have also heard before that taking the train in such a situation is a bit of a nuisance.) Thank you all very much again for taking the time in contributing to this thread. I will look into all that has been suggested!

Archived