Arcade question - Legend

star65

Hi, we are debating if we should activate our daughters sail and sign card, and am wondering if the arcade takes cash or can you only use your sail and sign. Our concern is that she goes with camp carnival and can not play any games if we don't activate her card. Thanks for your help.

Hi we are sailing on the Miracle in April and we are sailing with an 8 y.o. and two 13 year olds. One of the 13 y.o. is my son's best friend. So I was wondering if the kids could have their own sign and sail account or if we could limit the spending off of our account. My son likes to shop etc. I'm worried he would get a little carried away.

You can get the kids cards activated seperatly from your card. I put 100.00 cash on kids cards. Once it was close to the limit they would get a note askig for more money-- then once it got to the limit the card was closed.

Nothing much for kids to buy onboard. A cadbury bar costs 6.00 If your son wants potato chips or pretzels= tell him to order it from room service. (put 1.00 bills in the desk drawer so he can order room service at least once)

I didnt know the kids from camp could go into the aracades and play games as a group activity??? Most people have their kids cards turned off. That would suck if some kids could play and others couldnt.

But I do know the camp itself does have video games that kids can play.

That is what I was wanting to do. I know the 13 y.o. will be allowed to go to the arcade etc. and his best friend's parents are sending his spending money so I was hoping to keep seperate accounts, but it's not a big deal if they weren't except for excess spending in the arcade.

That's a great idea about the dollars for them to order room service :) He will get such a kick out of that one.

Once again great ideas

Don t put all his spending money on his card- save some for the ports because it may be cheaper there then on the ship for soverniers and what nots. But out of curiosity--have them price stuff they can buy at home- like the 50 cent bag of chips of the 50 C candy bar. That stuff may impress them. Not all places are created equal.

We just sailed last week and in the arcade - there was a $20/day limit on anyone under 18 on the S&S card. You had to put your birthdate in and it checked it (at least I told my kids it did). Also, you can get $25 worth of tokens for $20 - we started with that the first day and it lasted all 5 days - lots of other things to do. My 9 year old went to the arcade with Camp Carnival - they had 4 games that were free during this time and they had to have tokens for the other games.

Archived