Will Power to stop reading this board!!!!

kura

Since finding this site a few weeks ago I'm not getting anything done at home!!! I't's OK when I am at work, but when at home I just want to read all about the ships...even though it is nearly a year till we cruise!

Are others addicted also or is it just me!!!:D

How

Its totally just you. A few minutes after midnight here and I'm checking some threads. But I don't NEED to do that. I can give it up whenever I want. It's not like its a problem for me or anything. :D

Welcome and enjoy the boards.

Christy

kura

Welcome to the boards.

There are a couple of people who log on here early in the morning and keep their computer tuned into this site for the entire day. Some of them spend over 15 hours a day here. When we have a rainy day, I tend to spen a lot of time here. But on beautiful days - no way - we spend a lot of time outside.

I tend not to log on but weekly when we are not booked but when we are booked I check in the morning and spend a couple hours in the evening to see what has been happening. Lately I'm on a lot since we are leaving on the Zuiderdam Oct.27.

Missygirl

The cruise critic 12 step program

1- Book a cruise

2- Join the roll Call

3- Join other roll calls of the same ship

4- Check the thread for the cruise line you are on

5- Listen to the complaints about your ship (smells, food,formal wear)

6- Ignore the complaints

7- Vote in a poll - or two

8- Join a debate on traditional vs. anytime dining

9- Read some reviews of your ship

10- Check out other peoples pictures

11- Check back every hour for new posts

12- start over again

The cruise critic 12 step program

1- Book a cruise

2- Join the roll Call

3- Join other roll calls of the same ship

4- Check the thread for the cruise line you are on

5- Listen to the complaints about your ship (smells, food,formal wear)

6- Ignore the complaints

7- Vote in a poll - or two

8- Join a debate on traditional vs. anytime dining

9- Read some reviews of your ship

10- Check out other peoples pictures

11- Check back every hour for new posts

12- start over again

Okay -- where do you have that hidden camera!

Hello, My name is Peg and I am a cruise cruitic addict.:o It has been 6 years and I don't see myself beating it anytime soon. I look at it this way...I always have a cruise booked and I sure get my monies's worth. One booking can keep me busy all year!;)

Since finding this site a few weeks ago I'm not getting anything done at home!!! I't's OK when I am at work, but when at home I just want to read all about the ships...even though it is nearly a year till we cruise!

Are others addicted also or is it just me!!!:D

How

I think it's just you!:D

My computer is never off except if thunderstorms are predicted. I keep my laptop in my kitchen and whenever I walk by I check to see if there's anything new. On my way by with the laundry..... I take a look. Cooking dinner, I'll 'tune in'. Addicted? Me? :D

We have had regular posters here who make statements they are not going to come to the board, that they are done. They've sent e-mails to 'board buddies' saying they are done with it!! Guess what! Doesn't last long. They invariably return very quickly. :)

Welcome. Pull up a deck chair and make yourself comfy.

I check the boards in the morning, before going to the office.

When I get to the office, after checking mail and e-mail, I click on "CC" which I have on my Menu Bar and check to see if there's anything new. About every hour, when I'm in the office, I'll check to see if anything new is on the board. When I get back to the office after Hospital visit or in-home pastoral visits, I'll check the board.

When I get home I wake up my laptop and check the boards. I don't read everything, but I do read most posts ... and skim the rest. :)

Yes ... I'm addicted. VERY addicted.

I DO go through periods of "down time" when I don't visit the boards for a while. Usually it's when I'm busy leading a retreat, am on retreat myself, or am traveling in such a way/place that I can't access the internet.

We have had regular posters here who make statements they are not going to come to the board, that they are done. They've sent e-mails to 'board buddies' saying they are done with it!! Guess what! Doesn't last long. They invariably return very quickly. :)..........

That would be me!!!!:D :D

Kura, you'll enjoy this board. It can be a lot of fun with a lot of valuable information.

After awhile things sometimes happen and you might feel the need for a break. That's happened to many of us here and it's good to step back and take a breath. That happened to me and I wrote several friends to let them know what was going on with me. Fortunately, I had really good 'buddies' who encouraged me not to be run off.

So after about two weeks (looooong for me:o ) I came back. But now I don't spend near as much time as I did and I post very little compared to before. I don't think it's healthy to be addicted to any internet site.

There's a lot of valuable information to be gained here and after awhile you get to know everyone. If you're lucky you'll find yourself on a cruise with new CC friends. I know how much my Roll Call friends have added to our cruises over the past 3 years. It's just one more way to add to the enjoyment of your cruise.

I go in spurts. I am more likely to post when I have a cruise that is close - a month or two away; or a really exciting cruise booked - like the Noordam inaugural. :)

I also get tired of the "same old same" negative threads, topics, discussions, flames, etc. There are only so many times I can read about some things.

HAL isn't perfect - heck, show me a cruise line that is and I'll be booking, lol! Things are (and do) change... it's up to each person to decide when they've had enough and move on. Continually picking apart every little thing they've done wrong or have recently changed seems so negative to me - and gets pretty draining after awhile. That's usally when I take a break from the boards.

The fact is, we are ALL very fortunate to be able to cruise - and we obviously share a love of such, even when we disagree, and I like to try and focus on things from that standpoint. :)

I have been addicted to this site since I found it (a few months ago). I am hoping that once I get my airfare and excursions booked, I will be on it less. I have learned so much, and I know my trip is going to be so amazing because of this website. I am so glad that someone on Tripadvisor introduced me to this site. That said, I know I have to get on with my life and get others things done too. I have been totally consumed with planning this trip. I have to make sure life doesn't pass me by while I am doing all this planning ;)

Currently I am watching the Alaska boards to see if anyone has gotten any good airfares. I am anxious to get that done. We have our cruise booked, all of our lodgings done, car rented and I am looking into booking a few excursions, although some aren't available for booking just yet. Getting all of our lodgings for the independent land tour was a big relief. As it was, I missed out on a B & B I wanted. I was waiting for my sister to decide if she was going to join us on our trip. I gave her until Oct. 1 to decide. I went online and the room I wanted was gone. I have a budget and was not willing to pay the price for the available rooms. So, you snooze you loose.

So hopefully, I can cure my addition once my planning is done. If I can limit my browsing to once a day, I will consider myself cured.

I check this board fairly often during the day, but that means I just check it. I read very few of the posts; just those whose titles seem to interest me. I do pay fairly close attention to those in which I have participated, but do not re-post unless I can contribute to the conversation and advance it.

Before the board was changed, I had just short of 5k posts, so my count now is actually about 7,500 at an average of one post per day. Not exactly a barn-burner, compared to those who eat, drink and sleep here.

I haven't paid attention to this but I am going to start to.

I wonder if there is a connection between those with a high post count and how much we/they cruise.

KK has a high post count and they also cruise very often.

Laffnvegas is accumulating many posts and they also cruise frequently.

I think that is a factor for some of us that have lots of posts.

I was wondering the same thing when I stayed up past 2am :eek: during the work week to read [thread=106893]what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?[/thread]. It's the funniest thing I've ever read!

Sometime this August I became addicted. You can see I have been a member for seven years. During this time I only checked in to ask questions and make some comments around the time of my next cruise. Then this past August something "snapped" inside of me and I'm addicted.

I think it maybe the fact that the posters on the HAL forum are so kind and friendly. Also, they have a great sense of humor. I feel like when I'm on the CC

board, I am with friends. DH and I booked the Nov. 3 Zuiderdam cruise in March.

Archived