Biodegradable Sunscreen

NCCruzQueen

Hi All,

I am going on a Western Caribbean cruise in January with one stop in Belize. The excursion I am interested in taking is a snorkling trip off Rendezvous Caye. In the write up of the excursion, it stresses the use of biodegradable sunscreen to protect the eco-system. Has anyone every purchased any in the U.S.? Where can you find it in a local store, be it pharmacy or health food in nature? In my small town, I'm not having much luck. Do the tour guides offer this for purchase on the excursions? Also, what is the highest spf offered? I'm very fair and burn easily.

Many thanks for all your help.

Hi All,

I am going on a Western Caribbean cruise in January with one stop in Belize. The excursion I am interested in taking is a snorkling trip off Rendezvous Caye. In the write up of the excursion, it stresses the use of biodegradable sunscreen to protect the eco-system. Has anyone every purchased any in the U.S.? Where can you find it in a local store, be it pharmacy or health food in nature? In my small town, I'm not having much luck. Do the tour guides offer this for purchase on the excursions? Also, what is the highest spf offered? I'm very fair and burn easily.

Many thanks for all your help.

Try Walmart. I did a search on the words biodegradeable and there are a few web sites talking about this sun screen. also can be found in all natural food stores

Itty

NCCruz Queen, just make sure you try the lotion on before you leave. A co-worker just got back and had a "horrible" reaction to the lotion and ended up having to visit a medical centre. She has been home 2 weeks and is still full of hives/rash and taking Benedryl and it ruined the rest of her vacation. She said she would have rather gone without if she had known.

I had the same problem last year and ended up finding one at our Bass Pro store. Label is - Hawaiian Tropic brand, sport 30BIO degradable lotion, spf 30, waterproof, oil free, environmenally friendly sunblock. 240 ml was $10.99 Can last year. White squeeze bottle.

I managed to find this one too. Handy--it has a little travel-size built into the side of the main bottle, so it's easy to pick out on the store shelf. Make sure to do a patch test--my husband is allergic to some sunscreens, and we always have to test him before we go.

Archived