Charleston Taxi Help

rolloman

The Wingate Inn no longer provides a free shuttle to the cruise port. The port is 9 miles away. After exhaustive research, I went ahead and booked this hotel as it seems to be safe, within budget and clean compared to other hotel reviews. My dilemma now is we have 6 people with a weeks worth of luggage that needs to get to the pier without spending an arm and a leg. Does anyone know the taxi rates or have any suggestions?

The Wingate Inn no longer provides a free shuttle to the cruise port. The port is 9 miles away. After exhaustive research, I went ahead and booked this hotel as it seems to be safe, within budget and clean compared to other hotel reviews. My dilemma now is we have 6 people with a weeks worth of luggage that needs to get to the pier without spending an arm and a leg. Does anyone know the taxi rates or have any suggestions?

My suggestion is to call the Wingate and speak to the conceirge... they will have the best options available to you and give you the best information.

Also remember that unless the taxi driver has been approved by homeland security they cannot get out of the cab at the pier. I talked to a couple when I went out of there that got dropped off by the driver and when the driver went to get out and get the luggage out of the car he wasn't allowed.

The people found out the next day the bags were still at the taxi co. They didn't have insurance so no one would pay to fly their bags to them. They went all week with the clothes they were wearing and a few t-shorts givin to them by staff.

Archived