All things Monarch of the Seas

we decided to go for more room on deck 9, even tho its obstructed,.there were hardly any cabins left on deck 8 , and thats so amazing ,its not till 8-22!I apreicated the input as we didnt care to be kept up late all night! thnx!! Beatrice

Even though I have sailed on Monarch twice in the past I really can't remember where my cabin was. This time we are on deck 2 outside and other than these are very small cabin does anyone know how the noise factor is down there? On the bright side we are in the smoothest part of the ship.

Vicki

MOHAVEMOMMY, thank you thank you thank you ,i just scored cabin 8584 for my august 4th 4 night:)

i never would have known which cabin to pick without you:cool:

dave

Just one last word of caution... if you are an early to bed person I would beware. Bolero's is right beneath cabin 8584 and you will vaguely hear some music until about midnight.

I have a picture of cabin 8584 right here: :D

2708639010046215528S425x425Q85.jpg

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You guys are amazing! Of course I am already back with more Monarch questions! Haha.

1. My friends and I are booked on Deck 2 and I came across something that made me a little concern. It's not the noise complaints seeing as how college students can sleep through just about anything haha. It has more so to do with this sewage smell I keep hearing about. UM What?! Is this all deck 2? Does it come and go? What's the deal? I highly doubt we'll be spending much time in our rooms, but getting ready/sleeping somewhere where the air is saturated with the smell of rotting trash doesn't come off as appealing to me. Should we bring air freshners or something?

2a. What time is the late dining on the Monarch? I've heard different things like 7:30, 8, 8:30. On our confirmation information, it just says "late" or something along the lines of that.

2b. How long does it usually last? I don't want it to run super late and cut into whatever activities we might possible want to do that night.

3. Speaking of late night activities, WHAT IS QUEST? The Monarch has this right? I figured if I asked in a random thread someone will tell me. Y'all are so secretive about it haha! It sounds like a lot of fun but people seem to be wary of actually participating. Can someone give me a jist of what it is so I sorta know beforehand if I want to volunteer? Haha. Also, does it start late enough so our dinner won't cut into it?

4. Can we get wake up calls like in a hotel?

Thanks in advance and more thank yous coming your way for all the help! :]

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You guys are amazing! Of course I am already back with more Monarch questions! Haha.

1. My friends and I are booked on Deck 2 and I came across something that made me a little concern. It's not the noise complaints seeing as how college students can sleep through just about anything haha. It has more so to do with this sewage smell I keep hearing about. UM What?! Is this all deck 2? Does it come and go? What's the deal? I highly doubt we'll be spending much time in our rooms, but getting ready/sleeping somewhere where the air is saturated with the smell of rotting trash doesn't come off as appealing to me. Should we bring air freshners or something?

I have never encountered the smell some talk about... but I have never had a cabin on a deck lower than 5.

2a. What time is the late dining on the Monarch? I've heard different things like 7:30, 8, 8:30. On our confirmation information, it just says "late" or something along the lines of that.

2b. How long does it usually last? I don't want it to run super late and cut into whatever activities we might possible want to do that night.

Late dinner time on the 3 day Monarch is 8:30. You can see the 3 day compasses from my July '05 cruise here for an idea of activities.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2410955890046215528VAhskd

3. Speaking of late night activities, WHAT IS QUEST? The Monarch has this right? I figured if I asked in a random thread someone will tell me. Y'all are so secretive about it haha! It sounds like a lot of fun but people seem to be wary of actually participating. Can someone give me a jist of what it is so I sorta know beforehand if I want to volunteer? Haha. Also, does it start late enough so our dinner won't cut into it?

See link above for activities.

Yes. Dial #081 :D

2010294070046215528S600x600Q85.jpg

I just love to help out. For more than 300 Monarch pictures, compasses, etc. I have 5 albums posted on webshots here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/mohavemommy

If you can't fine it, please ask. I have several hundred more pictures that I did not put on webshots. :D

1. We have had cabins on almost every deck on Monarch and the smell you mention has not been a factor for us. Ocassionally you will get a wiff of something foul but not too often.

2. Late seating is 8:30 on the three nighters, and we are usually out of there by 9:30 or so.

3. Quest is an adult scavenger hunt. It is generally a great time on Monarch, especially on the three night cruises.

4. wake-up calls are available, however we have never used them, we generally bring an alarm clock with us.

We will be joining you on the July Fourth cruise. Should be a lot of fun.

You should definitely come over to the roll call board for this cruise. We have a pretty good group going on this cruise.

Has anyone been on board with in the last month or so? If so, have they changed anything about the dinner menu in the dining room? We did a 7 day on the Vision in April and there were some changes. On our last Monarch 3 day it was the same menu for the last several years. Just wondering if they've updated it at all. I'm especially interested in the 3 day menu.

Has anyone been on board with in the last month or so? If so, have they changed anything about the dinner menu in the dining room? We did a 7 day on the Vision in April and there were some changes. On our last Monarch 3 day it was the same menu for the last several years. Just wondering if they've updated it at all. I'm especially interested in the 3 day menu.

I was on in late April and the menu has changed ever so slightly. It's still Italian night, steak night, awful night:eek: (I forget what they call the last night, but it's still turkey or mahi mahi). The main change is that everything is on a piece of paper that they slip into a folio instead of an individual printed menu. There were a couple of items that were new, such as golden sea bass on formal night (it's not new to RCI but I don't remember seeing it on Monarch and it was quite good) and a rice dish that had good flavor but was mushy.

And they still lip synch O Sole Mio on the first night and do the macarena on the last.:rolleyes:

Like I said, I'm going to shower you all with thanks! :D

And Quest is just a scavenger hunt? From the way people made it out I thought it could've been a funny version of amateur strip night or something haha.

The Quest is a scavanger hunt, with a very adult twist. It's hilarious to watch people during this game. A lot of times one of the item that needs to be taken to the MC is a woman's bra, so you'll see women (who you'd never think to do this) remove theirs right there and hand it to the runner! Then the men usually have to put the bra on, along with make up and shoes. Or show a tattoo, whoo hoo, didn't want to see that one LOL.

And so on :) It's very fast paced game, which adds to the hilarity.

I'm sailing this weekend on the Monarch for the 3-day. Anyone else?

I've only been on one cruise before (a short Disney cruise) and it was terrible (food, etc). I'm going on this one with my Mom, and frankly I'm not sure it'll be my thing. I'm not into silly party games or tragic on-ship lounge singer entertainment, but I'm planning on making the best of it!

One question-- my Mom has booked some "Cultural fiesta" plaza outing in Ensenada, in addition to the La Bufadora thing. Anyone been to the fiesta thing? I'd much rather just wander into town and explore, I'm not really into packaged-cultural-experiences.

Also-- is the dining in small tables, or are you forced to sit with strangers and make polite conversation? I'm not looking forward to this, considering I'm a San Franciscan liberal counterculture alternative-lifestyle rabidly-childfree type, and not expecting to have much in common with many of the folks there. But, as someone whose maternal side of the family is Southern, I'm sure my inherent politeness will be enough to suffer through.

Hope I'm not coming off as too cranky, I'm sure it'll be an interesting experience, but it'll definitely be culture shock for me and I'm somewhat wary.

Archived