All things Monarch of the Seas

That's a GS. He's labelled it wrong. The OS doesn't have that pattern of sofa or the bar that you see - the bar in the OS is against the wall. Scarily enough, the GS on Liberty have this sofa pattern, so I guess RCI owns a warehouse full of fabric from the first GS sofa ever built for the fleet.

I recall having this discussion with jimd909 about a year ago...

You are correct. It was a year ago I was asking the same questions. And I still haven't found any photos of the owners suite for the Monarch.

Thanks you for the info though. I appreciate it.

You are correct. It was a year ago I was asking the same questions. And I still haven't found any photos of the owners suite for the Monarch.

Thanks you for the info though. I appreciate it.

Oh, my goodness, I just looked at your ticker, Jim.

Are we on the same cruise? Monarch's final weekend, 10/10/08?

Oh, my goodness, I just looked at your ticker, Jim.

Are we on the same cruise? Monarch's final weekend, 10/10/08?

Yes, I booked the very last 3-day cruise. At the time, I didn't know it was the last one. :(

Thanks for the pictures.

I've been on the Majesty....but not the Monarch. I know they're sister ships, but can anyone tell me of a few quiet places to go to read a book or to just relax? I have an oceanview cabin, and I know I can spend time in there....but I'd prefer to find a few other places to relax as well.

Also, on the 4 night run....which port would you say is the one in which the most people get off? I've been to each of these places so I'd like to stay on the ship and enjoy it while it's less populated. I'm just wondering which port is usually the most popular. (the ports are San Diego, Catalina & Ensenada)

Thanks!

I've been on the Majesty....but not the Monarch. I know they're sister ships, but can anyone tell me of a few quiet places to go to read a book or to just relax? I have an oceanview cabin, and I know I can spend time in there....but I'd prefer to find a few other places to relax as well.

Also, on the 4 night run....which port would you say is the one in which the most people get off? I've been to each of these places so I'd like to stay on the ship and enjoy it while it's less populated. I'm just wondering which port is usually the most popular. (the ports are San Diego, Catalina & Ensenada)

Thanks!

You know, I think most people get off in all the ports in the mornings, so the ship is quiet then. And around 1:00 pm it is starting to fill back up.

The Viking Crown is usually quiet during the day, unless there are some group things going on.

Also Bolero's is quiet during the day, and they have nice big comfy chairs in there.

The pool deck was pretty much empty in Catalina in the morning, and was still able to find lounges in the early afternoon.

Is there anyway I can book spa appointments before boarding? Thanks!

No, you cannot book before boarding. But they have an open house from 2:00 to 4:00 on the day of boarding, you can have a tour and book appts then.

I agree about the Viking Crown Lounge being quiet most of the time.

As well, there is a hidden area on deck 6 aft where there are 5 loungers. You will come across this only by accident. We go here directly from muster drill for the departure, and usually are here at some point each day (3 day cruise). :)

From what I've read, many people stay onboard in Ensenada. We always get off there, as my DW's uncle is the former mayor there.

Dave

I am pleased to say that as of this moment....

I AM ON THE MONARCH! :D

Feels good to say that!

Hope you read this soon, who is the CD on the ship now?

How was the food in the DR?

What did you do in Ensanada? thanks for any suggestions.

I was on Monarch two weeks ago. The CD was Chris Northey.

I thought the food was better in the dining room than on other trips.

There are some new items on the menu. The pork tenderloin was good.

The steaks were good this time also. (It's been hit and miss in the past).

Did not really care for the new seabass dish. All the fruit was wonderful!

As far as Ensenada, what type of things do you like to do? I've been 4 times.

And done a variety of things. This last time, my dh and two son's rented ATV's and went out on the sand dunes to ride. I took my Mom shopping and to lunch, and went for a horse and buggy ride.

I agree about the Viking Crown Lounge being quiet most of the time.

As well, there is a hidden area on deck 6 aft where there are 5 loungers. You will come across this only by accident. We go here directly from muster drill for the departure, and usually are here at some point each day (3 day cruise). :)

Dave

Thanks!

Am I correct in guessing that I would get there from deck 7?

Thanks!

Am I correct in guessing that I would get there from deck 7?

Yes. There is a narrow hidden stairway at the very back of the ship that will take you down from deck 7 to that level.

Dave

On the flip side of "how soon can we disembark"...how long can we stay on the ship? We are sailing the 3 day July 18-21. It's not that I want to prolong my mini-cation (hee hee yeah right!) but more that I don't do well in crowds, so if I can avoid the rush I would love to! Thanks so much for any and all help!

Let's try this:

41_owners_suite.jpg

It's the cruiseline photo, and the OS I saw had a dining room table where the little table is.

Jean is correct......the OS on the Monarch has this layout with the addition of a dining table and 2 chairs.

I have been looking at my photos of the OS's that we have stayed in on the Monarch.........and unfortunately they all have pictures of people...including Jean.........and I think that it would be inappropriate to post them.

Rick

Just off the Monarch today...most of the lounges were quiet all four days..Boleros had no one in it during the day..Food was good..Dining room staff was beyond great...Those few lounge chairs in the back were occupied most of the week....But if you want sun the top deck always had chairs available..We had very few people on board at all ports...

the poolside barbeque on Ensenada day was wonderful and the chocolate buffet looked wonderful but I did not stand in the lines to eat any of it...

Archived