All things Monarch of the Seas

I thought that was a crew deck?

I stand corrected...deck 8 aft...found a photo of the back of the ship. I had a couple of pictures I took last year of this location, and the view from it. Start at this photo: http://public.fotki.com/piepkorn/ensenada-cruise--oc/dscn6129.html and the next few photos after that will show the area in some detail.

Dave

FYI..carrying off our own luggage took about 45 minutes...seems everyone was in a hurry to depart and the line was very long and very slow..

Maybe I'll carry my own luggage on but have them carry it off for me.

FYI..carrying off our own luggage took about 45 minutes...seems everyone was in a hurry to depart and the line was very long and very slow..

I was on the same sailing and my family carried off our luggage. We got into line at 7:00 and were in our car by 7:30 on our way home.

Is there a formal night on the 3 and 4 night cruises?

Yes. On the 3 day it's night 2 leaving Ensenada. On the 4 day it's also night 2 leaving San Diego (at least the last time I was on that one).

Dave

Well... I'm not sure about first. We started out in the elevator lobby and wrapped around by the Library and glass elevators and then by the internet cafe. The line did move faster than I expected. Immigration was fast... but that's what you get when you have passports! :D

For those interested, Danney League, LA, is officially assigned to the Mariner as of July 13, 2008.:D I'm sure we all wish him a very wonderful return to his position with RCCL!

We'll miss you on the Monarch Danney!

piepkorn, when was the last time you were on Monarch of the Seas?

October last year on the 3 day. Was our first inside cabin...lol.

Haven't been on the 4 day for about 2 years.

Last trip coming up October...surprise anniversary trip.

Dave

I know that a ton of people get their massages while in Ensenada, but can anyone give me an idea of what the costs are if you have the massage on board?

Thanks!

If I am remembering correctly, most 50 minute spa treatments were running around $100-$129. They will have some specials like three 20 minute treatments for $99. I will see if I still have the spa flyer. I would plan on at least $100 for a 50 minute massage.

We are looking into booking on the Monarch next spring, can anyone tell me if there is a CL on this ship?

No. There is no CL on any Sovereign class ship, and only on half the Vision class ships. (there IS a CL on Enchantment, Splendour and Legend.)

All Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class ships have a CL. Freedom class ships even have a separate Diamond lounge.

Does anyone know the table numbers in the dining room? My wife and I are going on the Monarch for our 20th anniversary and want a table for just the two of us close to a window if possible. I am told you can request a certain table #, with no guarentees of course, but it is worth a try.

Thanks,

Al

Archived