All things Monarch of the Seas

Also greatly interesed in ice cream and cake how is the selections?

I thought the cake/dessert selection in the Windjammer was pretty good. I'm not really into cake as I'm into other sweets like pie, tarts, brownies, etc., but there was a good variety.

The same cannot be said for the ice cream. At dinner and during tea time, it was always strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. Celebrity always had about 5 different flavors every day during tea time whereas RCCL has these three everyday. With sherbet (spelling?) though, there was variety in the main dinning room every night. When I was last on the Explorer, it was lemon almost every night. The Monarch, I know, has at least four flavors.

And lastly, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SOFT SERVE?! Cut-back, I'm guessing?

Hope this helps :)

I just booked the 3 night to Nassau and Coco Cay for May 14 2010 and am in a wheelchair........I got the accessible OV #9034 and would love to see pics of that room if anyone here has stayed in that particular cabin.

Looking very forward to may 2010. :) its a short cruise but its a cruise right!?

I just booked the 3 night to Nassau and Coco Cay for May 14 2010 and am in a wheelchair........I got the accessible OV #9034 and would love to see pics of that room if anyone here has stayed in that particular cabin.

Looking very forward to may 2010. :) its a short cruise but its a cruise right!?

Dont have pics,but friend of mine just had that cabin and it was really nice.......so much bigger than our SO cabin on the same deck.......ITs HUGE!

Went to coca cay a couple of years ago seemed like the bbq was very late in the afternoon do I remember correctly?we are eating at the 6 o clock dimmer just trying to decide if we should get mtd on that night

Just in case you didn't know, I think if you sign up for the first or second seating, you can't switch to MTD during middle of the cruise and vice/versa. You may want to check with RCL to make sure.

Just in case you didn't know, I think if you sign up for the first or second seating, you can't switch to MTD during middle of the cruise and vice/versa. You may want to check with RCL to make sure.

No you can switch. We had booked the MTD but I also saw people switching the first day. They are told that the auto tips will be applied as soon as they switch.

:eek: Mental note...do not try the lobster bisque!

LOL, not just RCI, I tried it on Carnival for the first time. Love lobster and thought I had to try this. I didn't really know that was a fish based broth. Afterall, I like clam chowder. I almost barfed on the table, that was a rough feat not to do that and embarrass myself.

Just got back this morning off the Monarch, our first cruise. Had a wonderful time. We did not have to wear the lifejackets for the muster drill. MTD went well for us. Didn't see jellyfish at Coco Cay because around lunch time (about an hour after we got off the tender), it started raining and wouldn't stop, so we went back to the ship.

So, how to you deal with Post Cruise Depression? ;)

I'm getting ready for my first cruise on the Monarch next week and had a question I couldn't find an answer to using the search feature.

First, how does the Monarch compare to the Sovereign? My first cruise was on the Sovereign and I loved it.

Second, I know there are craps tables on the Monarch (yay!), but I'm wondering if they have: Let It Ride, 3 Card Poker, Caribbean Stud and Hold Em (table or computer)?

This will be my boyfriend's first cruise and our first vacation together (after 10 years it's about time!). I'm so excited and can't wait to see what he thinks about everything.

Just got back this morning off the Monarch, our first cruise. Had a wonderful time. We did not have to wear the lifejackets for the muster drill. MTD went well for us. Didn't see jellyfish at Coco Cay because around lunch time (about an hour after we got off the tender), it started raining and wouldn't stop, so we went back to the ship.

I solve that problem by planning/booking my next cruise!:D

FOR POST CRUISE DEPRESSION;

Just pretend you are on a "shore excusion" and quickly plan your next trip~~~~:cool:

I'm getting ready for my first cruise on the Monarch next week and had a question I couldn't find an answer to using the search feature.

First, how does the Monarch compare to the Sovereign? My first cruise was on the Sovereign and I loved it.

Second, I know there are craps tables on the Monarch (yay!), but I'm wondering if they have: Let It Ride, 3 Card Poker, Caribbean Stud and Hold Em (table or computer)?

This will be my boyfriend's first cruise and our first vacation together (after 10 years it's about time!). I'm so excited and can't wait to see what he thinks about everything.

They are sister ships. Tey have Let it Ride, 3 Card Poker, and I am sure their have Caribbean Stud. They only had Texas Hold 'en two nights that I remembr.

There are indeed tables for two on the Monarch in the dining room. From what I saw, there weren't a lot but they're there! Of course, the dining room mostly has big tables but yeah.

And as far as I know, there wasn't a ship shape point thing. Usually they give those points/bucks out for rock climbing and bean bag toss activities too, right?

They have tables for 2, but they might as well be tables for 6 because they are so close together! Hubby and I dined 1 night w/out the kids, got a table for 2, but were seated so close to the next table, at the same time, that we basically had dinner with them!

Archived