All things Monarch of the Seas

Hi,

We just booked the 3 niter:D and was wondering if anyone has any recent Compass or the menus they could post. We are also staying in a Jr suite 1046 and would love to see any pics. I know we're under the pool deck has anyone experienced any noise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

We did a three night cruise in a JS that was right by that elevator bank [can't recall the number]. Had no trouble with noise.

We've been on that ship in a similar location...1040 to be exact. It's not directly under the pool area, it's actually closer to being under the Windjammer. It's not noisy at all, we stayed in a GS a few rooms forward, and that location was really bad. A JS on Monarch is our fav category...the location is very convienient when we bring the kids, and we love the extra space.

Hi,

Thank you for the positive feed back on 1046:)We don't usually splurge on a JS but for 3 nites it was doable. Plus my 19 yo dd hates pullmans and sleeps like a baby on the pullout sofa's:eek:

A few years back we were on the soverign in a tiny ov w/ a pullman bunk well guess who ended up on top? ME!!!!!:D

We just came back from a very cold and rainy January cruise on the Freedom (georgous ship) and originally booked a D1 Our Fav Cat:D but we had a major price drop for that sailing and ended up in a JS for less than what we paid for our D1. That room was Huge. And the balcony was to die for , 2 chairs, table plus a lounger with room to spare. That was a lot of fun.

Now, next year we booked the Oasis for May 2011 ( a bit pricey for a 7 nite) in a D1 on the Hump and the rooms are a bit smaller than your normal D1's but we have a sofa bed for DD.

Can't wait for May to get here> It's been a horrible winter. It's just starting to warm up but the rain and wind has been intense.

How's the weather where you are? Hope it's getting warmer for you too.

Thanks again

Liz

This is our First cruise. I've been reading alot of post about bad coffee. I was wondering if the Monarch coffee was good. I thought about being a small coffee pot (I know you're not suppose to) or make a suggestion please.

Thanks.:D

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I've tried searching the forum but only found this discussed when the Monarch was docked on the west coast. I'm about to book a 4 day cruise July 19th for our anniversary. I've decided on an OV on Deck 8 using the awesome picture that says which cabins are unobstructed, but I was curious if there is a preference for Starboard or Portside cabins. Which offers the best view in the ports? There is an unobstructed cabin on each side, 8508 and 8008. Any preference?

Also, the price per person went up $45 since Wednesday. It was $404pp, now it's $449pp. Is there any chance this will go back down, or should I just cut my losses and book now?

Funny thing is, we live in Cape Canaveral so you'd think we've been on lots of cruises, but we've only been on 2 together. Voyager of the Seas out of Miami for our honeymoon, and a Disney cruise years ago. Growing up though, my family cruised at least twice a year, always on the Big Red Boat. My sister and I knew that boat like the back of our hands!

Thanks for any advice. :D

Ashley

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I've tried searching the forum but only found this discussed when the Monarch was docked on the west coast. I'm about to book a 4 day cruise July 19th for our anniversary. I've decided on an OV on Deck 8 using the awesome picture that says which cabins are unobstructed, but I was curious if there is a preference for Starboard or Portside cabins. Which offers the best view in the ports? There is an unobstructed cabin on each side, 8508 and 8008. Any preference?

Also, the price per person went up $45 since Wednesday. It was $404pp, now it's $449pp. Is there any chance this will go back down, or should I just cut my losses and book now?

Funny thing is, we live in Cape Canaveral so you'd think we've been on lots of cruises, but we've only been on 2 together. Voyager of the Seas out of Miami for our honeymoon, and a Disney cruise years ago. Growing up though, my family cruised at least twice a year, always on the Big Red Boat. My sister and I knew that boat like the back of our hands!

Thanks for any advice. :D

Ashley

Monarch usually backs into port at Nassau so port cabins would have a view towards the city and starboard towards the Atlantis side. However, she is usually in the middle section of the docks so from either side you'll typically have a lovely view of another cruise ship.

At Coco Cay it usually seems that the starboard side will be facing the island and the port side facing open ocean.

As for price drops... it's possible, but it all depends on occupancy levels and in mid summer I doubt that they'll be trying to fill cabins.

Well, you will only be going to two ports..............Nassau and sometimes they back the ship in,sometimes they dont........so you cant count on which side is better.....

CocoCay,you tender and as you are there, the ship moves a bit so again,doesnt matter which side...........

Chances are 50/50 if the price comes down......July,it probably wont......but you never know............I know my June 4th one has really gone up since I booked a couple of months ago

• 2 weeks later...

We have a 9th deck SOV cabin on Monarch booked for our first cruise. We are working on our packing :D. Can anyone tell me if there is room underneath the bed to store our large suitcase? I wasn't sure how far off the floor the bedframes are...and I'm thinking there aren't too many other spots in the cabin to store a large suitcase, are there? Thanks! :)

We have a 9th deck SOV cabin on Monarch booked for our first cruise. We are working on our packing :D. Can anyone tell me if there is room underneath the bed to store our large suitcase? I wasn't sure how far off the floor the bedframes are...and I'm thinking there aren't too many other spots in the cabin to store a large suitcase, are there? Thanks! :)

Been on the Monarch several times. There should be plenty of room underneath the bed to store your suitcase. Haven't been on a Royal ship yet that we haven't been able to store suitcases underneath the bed. When your done packing take half of what you put in your suitcase out and leave it at home. You won't use it, unless your a real light packer. I promise you, and I'm sure others will agree, you won't use half of what you take.

Monarch is a wonderful ship. DW and myself have been on it several times. We really enjoy it when it's just the two of us. We find it more personable and we think the service is outstanding. We like the bigger ships when we travel with our two sons for spring break.

Have a great time and enjoy. Have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Eric

Thank you, Eric! I know, I know - I've read the "pack half as much as you think you'll need" tips...:o I don't think I over-pack to an extreme, but I do admit I like to take some of the "just in case" items. I'm so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoy the Monarch. We picked this particular ship for our first cruise mostly because we thought it would be best suited to us for the very reasons that you listed (more personable, service). :)

We had cabin 9000 and it was supposed to be "obstructed" but only a bit of the deck over us jutted out. Clear view out looking at the water and best of all it was a very quiet cabin since it was at the end of the hallway!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Looking forward to a multi-b2b in November. Anyone know if Jackie White is still serving in the Viking Crown Lounge? Have not been on the Monarch since she left the West coast. Anyone notice any big changes?

Desmond is the head barman in the VC. One of my favorite haunts on the ship. He is great!!! This is also where the nightly D / D+ event occurs.

Desmond is the head barman in the VC. One of my favorite haunts on the ship. He is great!!! This is also where the nightly D / D+ event occurs.

He goes on vacation soon.......wont be there for my May 31st/june 4th cruise...........I have known Desmond since the Sovereign days..

My daughter and I are taking our first cruise in celebration of her sweet 16 on 5/28 aboard Monarch.

I checked out the compasses that some of you have posted. Now, a question.

I saw no mention in any of them "Fuel", the teen nightclub. Is this something they have done away with?

Thank you in advance.

My daughter and I are taking our first cruise in celebration of her sweet 16 on 5/28 aboard Monarch.

I checked out the compasses that some of you have posted. Now, a question.

I saw no mention in any of them "Fuel", the teen nightclub. Is this something they have done away with?

Thank you in advance.

Yes it's still there, my 16 DS love it!

Yes it's still there, my 16 DS love it!

You don't know how happy that makes me! I offered her this cruise in lieu of a sweet 16 party, thinking this will be much better and give her greater memories.

Thank you so much for easing my mind... :)

He goes on vacation soon.......wont be there for my May 31st/june 4th cruise...........I have known Desmond since the Sovereign days..

We will be on the Monarch in December.....When we were last on the ship, he said he was going home for a few months to visit family, but he would be back.....do you know if he will be back in December, 2010?

Chris

Just booked for 11/29. I'll actually be looking forward to winter coming and summer hasn't began....

I've been on Sovereign and Majesty (a few times) so I'm assuming Monarch will be very similar. For those that have been on the other Sovereign class ships--are there any differences I should be aware of for Monarch?

We will be on the Monarch in December.....When we were last on the ship, he said he was going home for a few months to visit family, but he would be back.....do you know if he will be back in December, 2010?

Chris

There are 2 Desmonds.....one is a bar server and he's still there and one was on the cruise director staff......he left RCCl a few months back unfortunately:(

Just booked for 11/29. I'll actually be looking forward to winter coming and summer hasn't began....

I've been on Sovereign and Majesty (a few times) so I'm assuming Monarch will be very similar. For those that have been on the other Sovereign class ships--are there any differences I should be aware of for Monarch?

The MN doesnt have Johnny Rockets........has Jade instead........ but besides that basically the same.

The MN doesnt have Johnny Rockets........has Jade instead........ but besides that basically the same.

Funny...Johnny Rockets wasn't on Sovereign or Majesty when I sailed either so that shouldn't make a difference for me. Good to know, thank you!

Funny...Johnny Rockets wasn't on Sovereign or Majesty when I sailed either so that shouldn't make a difference for me. Good to know, thank you!

They did add JRs to both SS and MJ........

Archived