All things Monarch of the Seas

Desmond is the head barman in the VC. One of my favorite haunts on the ship. He is great!!! This is also where the nightly D / D+ event occurs.

Wow, CC is amazing. I've been asking about a diamond event on the Monarch for the last 12 days on the Mercury. Answers varried from no to don't know. First day back on land and I see your answer. Please fill out the details of the "nightly" D / D+ event.

Wow, CC is amazing. I've been asking about a diamond event on the Monarch for the last 12 days on the Mercury. Answers varried from no to don't know. First day back on land and I see your answer. Please fill out the details of the "nightly" D / D+ event.

It is from 5-8pm in a section of the Viking Crown Lounge.........free wine,champagne and soda.......25% off other drinks.....they usually have 2 servers roaming around to refresh your glass.......only snack is those nut,chocolate chips,raisin mix....

It is from 5-8pm in a section of the Viking Crown Lounge.........free wine,champagne and soda.......25% off other drinks.....they usually have 2 servers roaming around to refresh your glass.......only snack is those nut,chocolate chips,raisin mix....

Thanks, sounds great. The DW will be happy. Not quite as nice as what we just had on the Mercury, but no complaints.

OMG! We live off Maricamp too - in Indian Pines. I'll check out the website you sent. Thanks!

Not too far.......we're in Countryside Buffington......down the road from the KwikKing on SE 44th Ave RD.

I know right where it is! Good to know you! I'll think about you as we're sailing away on Friday........

have fun and ummmmmmm....can you keep the thugs on your side of the street??:p

Wow! I just finished reading all 101 pages, lol Almost feel a little sad to be through with it

On Monday, my friend and I went a little crazy and booked a cruise for JUNE 7!!!!! :D We are still a little shell shocked since I've never booked a cruise less than 15 months out and she's never cruised before.

I have cruised with Disney twice, so have never experienced RCL, and was a little apprehensive to sail the Monarch. I heard it was a really old and much smaller ship, however after reading this thread, I am so excited to be going and can't believe that in 10 days, I'll be on board.

Question 1: Somewhere on cruisecritic, I read that the elevator only goes to the 3rd deck. Since we are on deck 2 (last room available other than JS when we booked), this caused me some concern. I am hoping this was a misprint or that the person was just wrong.

Question 2: Are sodas free at dinner? I am going to try to not buy the pkg, but four days without diet coke might be alittle much, lol.

Question 3: Are there beach towels in the rooms? I thought I read they had to be checked out, but then I read that they are in your room. Wondering whether to bring mine or not.

Thanks for any help!

Lori P. :)

Wow! I just finished reading all 101 pages, lol Almost feel a little sad to be through with it

Question 1: Somewhere on cruisecritic, I read that the elevator only goes to the 3rd deck. Since we are on deck 2 (last room available other than JS when we booked), this caused me some concern. I am hoping this was a misprint or that the person was just wrong.

I believe it goes to 2 on the Monarch, but it's been a long time with a lot of ships in between, so I could be wrong.

Question 2: Are sodas free at dinner? I am going to try to not buy the pkg, but four days without diet coke might be alittle much, lol.

No, sorry. They do have ice tea. If you only need it at dinner, it would be cheaper to just buy the single drinks instead of the package.

Question 3: Are there beach towels in the rooms? I thought I read they had to be checked out, but then I read that they are in your room. Wondering whether to bring mine or not.

I would not bring mine, but you need an answer from someone who has sailed her on the east coast if you want to be sure.

Thanks for any help!

Hope you enjoy her. We are flying all the way back to Fl just to see her again.

Thanks for any help!

Elevators go all the way to deck one.......

No free sodas anytime,anywhere.......

Beach towels will be on the pool deck......used to have them in the cabin,but not anymore..

Have fun!

Elevators go all the way to deck one.......

Beach towels will be on the pool deck......used to have them in the cabin,but not anymore..

Have fun!

The elevators referenced in question 1 may be the Centrum elevators. They only serve decks 3 - 7 (or maybe 3 - 8, I don't remember exactly). The forward elevator banks service decks 1 - 11 and the aft elevator banks do decks 5 - 11.

Beach towels have to be "checked out" from the pool deck. When you get a towel they will put a $20 deposit on your seapass account. When you return the towel the $20 gets refunded. It actually never shows up on your account unless you don't return it. Beach towels can be exchanged at any time just be going to the towel desk and asking for a clean one and turning in the dirty.

Thanks so much for the replies. Ok...so I can't have Coke at dinner unless I pay for it...but did I read on here somewhere that I can bring my own bottled Diet Coke?

Thats debatable............used to be allowed,now they have it in their rules,you cant..........but some ships,you can still get away with it.............hey..you can try......

Hi! This will be my first RCI cruise. I've been diligently reading the Compasses I found on line. Are free drinks served at the captain's reception?

Yes........things like bahama mamas,champagne,wine...

Yes........things like bahama mamas,champagne,wine...

Thanks, that's great! I see you are doing a "girl's only" cruise, too! We are a group of 14. Only one has been on RCI. We are mainly Carnival people.

Thanks, that's great! I see you are doing a "girl's only" cruise, too! We are a group of 14. Only one has been on RCI. We are mainly Carnival people.

Have a super time..........we'll be a group of 7.....

Hi,

We booked a GOV room yesterday for the 6/14/10 4 day cruise to the Bahamas and today, when I received an email from TA it had website to get contract etc. I noticed a room had already been assigned to us (room 2144!). I thought when you booked a guarantee room, that would be assigned to you when you board the vessel. We are shareholders as well as Diamond Members and think this room stinks! Never been on such a low deck before, any thoughts from anyone? Thanks.

Hi,

We booked a GOV room yesterday for the 6/14/10 4 day cruise to the Bahamas and today, when I received an email from TA it had website to get contract etc. I noticed a room had already been assigned to us (room 2144!). I thought when you booked a guarantee room, that would be assigned to you when you board the vessel. We are shareholders as well as Diamond Members and think this room stinks! Never been on such a low deck before, any thoughts from anyone? Thanks.

This is an RCL policy/administration issue, not a Monarch one. You would get best responses if you started a new thread.

I understand that Jade is a specialty restaurant on the Monarch. Is all they serve Asian food or can you get a good steak dinner there?

It is purely Asian. You can get a Chops steak in the MDR for around $5. You can look at the link for more info on Monarch and get a preview of the ship. Have a great cruise!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do;jsessionid=0000Zfx2lxvl5pJj2UYICzHLSaV:12hdhu6tq?br=R&shipClassCode=SS&shipCode=MN

Archived