On Board Library

dak

Oh dear...I missed all this wonderful reading while I was at the movie watching the.....wait for it folks....Poseidon Adventure,!!:eek:

By the by...anyone seen Shelley Winters around? :p

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

As I recall, no one could see round Shelley Winters..........

Ba-bomm yeeeh

Don't worry Gadger - I'm coming to let you out. (Tomorrow perhaps:) )

Gadger is an amorous male pussy (interesting.....) locked in a room full of randy feline balcony-jumpers. I think perhaps we'd best leave him alone for a bit. Or several bits.

Incidentally, do you have the balcony-jumper retrospectives here? Big on Princess (bit like Dodi).

"Serves them right for drinking and being a God-hating commie". Etc.

No, not lately.

Shelley Winters (August 18, 1920January 14, 2006)

Oh well...when your ship is upside down it's hard to find people sometimes...;) Guess that wasn't her.....:rolleyes:

Cheers,Penny

Okay, just did one of Penny's tricks--off to grab a towel and wipe the tea off the keyboard.:p

Yes! You think it's just an Internet cliche until one day, your timing is just so perfect....a drink and a laugh, together at last....oopsie.

Oh, she died on my birthday :(
Hitler died on mine.
No he didn't. He joined cc as a moderator.

Guess we're off to FL.

David

David, should we need a human sacrifice to appease the moderators, I think you just volunteered. Thanks,

Paul

No he didn't. He joined cc as a moderator.

Guess we're off to FL.

David

The entire Scottish Parliament just voted you, unanimously, even the weird OAP supporting compulsory hernias who sneaked through on PR, the Order of the Disconcerted Stag (Fourth Class).

Mega hee hees. And, indeed, the rarely heard but always welcomed restrained chortle.

I have a terrible sense of foreboding.

Message for Major General Sir Jimmy Sixwillies:

Send three and fourpence. We're going to a dance.

David

Good show old chap. A dance eh? Excellent. Just what the Jocks need. Keep up morale and all that, what!

Oh, sorry. I see, yes, it's some kind of code thing is it? Hang on a bit while I get my ADC to decode it.

CAPTAIN HAPPYSCOT - OVER HERE LAD - GOT A JOB FOR YOU. BRING YOUR BRAIN WITH YOU WILL YOU (OR AT LEAST THAT PORTION OF IT THAT THE BOOZE HASN'T RENDERED USELESS).

Bloody half-wit that boy - and deaf as a post as well. Spent too long in the mortar platoon as a subaltern!

Anyway, toodle pip for now old thing. Got to go and sort out this Afghanistan unpleasantness. Shouldn't take me too long - Daddy was in the Frontier Force Rifles in 35 and he taught me a trick or two that should have the whole thing done and dusted by the weekend (or Monday at the latest).

Good show old chap. A dance eh? Excellent. Just what the Jocks need. Keep up morale and all that, what!

Oh, sorry. I see, yes, it's some kind of code thing is it? Hang on a bit while I get my ADC to decode it.

CAPTAIN HAPPYSCOT - OVER HERE LAD - GOT A JOB FOR YOU. BRING YOUR BRAIN WITH YOU WILL YOU (OR AT LEAST THAT PORTION OF IT THAT THE BOOZE HASN'T RENDERED USELESS).

Bloody half-wit that boy - and deaf as a post as well. Spent too long in the mortar platoon as a subaltern!

Anyway, toodle pip for now old thing. Got to go and sort out this Afghanistan unpleasantness. Shouldn't take me too long - Daddy was in the Frontier Force Rifles in 35 and he taught me a trick or two that should have the whole thing done and dusted by the weekend (or Monday at the latest).

Translation:

This thread is procreated.

I vote we sacrifice a few cats and not a mild mannered human
I second that...I've grown rather fond of old David...I have a weakness for addled souls...

Look folks, we may not be so annoying to the powers that be that human sacrifice will be called for (I hope it isn't); but, if it is, our current moderators rule by the book, so any propitiatory sacrifice also must be by the book. No substitutions allowed. And, after all, David did volunteer.

Look folks, we may not be so annoying to the powers that be that human sacrifice will be called for (I hope it isn't); but, if it is, our current moderators rule by the book, so any propitiatory sacrifice also must be by the book. No substitutions allowed. And, after all, David did volunteer.

Ahhh, point well taken...sorry David old pal....rules are rules if need be. So be a good boy and don't make us attend your wake. Despite looking fetching in black, i find wakes so depressing.:rolleyes: And I'd probably have to fly to Scotland and you know how I hate to fly....:eek:

Cheers,Penny

I've suggested almost the same to Paulie. If the powers have personal problems with their authority, the best thing to do is carry on in the regular way and let them sort out their need to well, moderate. Ignore on a daily basis and be understanding when the Need rears its ugly head. And share the love always.

And share the love always.

Ahhh Angela...you are such a good soul...forgiving too...;) I shall endeavour to follow your example....just the way I seem to be following you from one post to the next tonight. So...where to next??? Did I tell you my docs came today??? Yippee....and my tickets are at my TA's office...I'm really going!!:D

Sorry...back to the book of the month club....

Cheers, Penny

Ahhh, point well taken...sorry David old pal....rules are rules if need be. So be a good boy and don't make us attend your wake. Despite looking fetching in black, i find wakes so depressing.:rolleyes: And I'd probably have to fly to Scotland and you know how I hate to fly....:eek:

Cheers,Penny

A wake depressing? You have been to the wrong wakes.

A celebration of life seems something in which you could revel.

I shall, of course, be delighted to be the sacrifice. If things do not improve, I shall probably disappear anyway. I have never been a great fan of totalitarianism.

There is a quotation attributed to Douglas Bader (although I feel sure that he must have taken it from an earlier source):

"Rules were made for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools."

David

Archived