On Board Library

dak

There is a quotation attributed to Douglas Bader (although I feel sure that he must have taken it from an earlier source):

"Rules were made for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools."

David

And although not meant in infer any religious connotation, AMEN!

Bettie

Ahhh Angela...you are such a good soul...forgiving too...;) I shall endeavour to follow your example....just the way I seem to be following you from one post to the next tonight. So...where to next??? Did I tell you my docs came today??? Yippee....and my tickets are at my TA's office...I'm really going!!:D

Sorry...back to the book of the month club....

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Yay! Good for you! Just wait, the last days will fly by so fast you will almost appreciate the potentially less messages to read....:eek:

There is a quotation attributed to Douglas Bader (although I feel sure that he must have taken it from an earlier source):

"Rules were made for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools."

David

And another rather appropriate one from Groucho Marx: "Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member".

Mary

This seems approriate:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Abraham Lincoln.

David

I'm with Plato. Anyone who wants to govern has already demonstrated is unsuitability.

[With the exception of Ang San Suu Kyi, of course. The exception that proves the rule.]

Matthew

OK I'll come clean; I wasn't confused until the last two posts, and now I am:confused:. Google isn't being very helpful:(.

Google should have picked up Sir Christopher Wren's epitaph - in St Paul's Cathedral - 'Reader, if you seek his memorial - look around you'....a sort of answer to the question....and why the QM2 Library may not provide an one.....

Google should have picked up Sir Christopher Wren's epitaph - in St Paul's Cathedral - 'Reader, if you seek his memorial - look around you'....a sort of answer to the question....and why the QM2 Library may not provide an one.....

Yep, picked up the Wren epitaph. Obviously even dimmer than usual today. Remember celebrating wildly when my school dropped latin just as I was about to start it; now realise the consequences of this omission.

The Boards are very quiet, so here's a little poem I remember seeing, probably inscribed on a school desk:

Latin is a language

As dead as dead can be

It killed the ancient Romans

And now it's killing me...

Remember celebrating wildly when my school dropped latin just as I was about to start it; now realise the consequences of this omission.

Hi Norfolk Brit,

should be an explanation of my one in your e-mail inbox.

Jimmy

The Boards are very quiet, so here's a little poem I remember seeing, probably inscribed on a school desk:

Latin is a language

As dead as dead can be

It killed the ancient Romans

And now it's killing me...

Holy smoke...you had that etched on your desks too??? Honest...that was on a desk in my school over here. Unfortunately I opted for slow death and spent 4 years being killed by it.....always a masochist:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

si monumentum requiris circumspice = if you seek his monument, look around

sed timor hospitis conturbat me! = fear of death upsets me

So???? :confused:

You need to read the thread in context. Drastic action is being taken for alluding to "unapproved" matters.

Look what is happening on the boards all around you. People are being banned for no apparent reason.

People need to think twice about what to post for fear of being killed off.

I think that about sums it up.

Illegitimati non carborundum.

Anon

I just came back into the room just now and saw somebody running away from my PC. Did he type anything?

David

Stanley the all seeing cat (who has twice now found Happyscots car keys by remote control) saw that as well. Something was definitely typed. The guy left through your open patio door (is it warm in Troon at the moment) and is currently making off down your street in a red Honda Accord, registration number A5...... Sorry - didn't get the rest of it.

Yours,

Stanley

Stanley the all seeing cat (who has twice now found Happyscots car keys by remote control) says he saw that as well. Something was definitely typed. The guy left through your open patio door (is it warm in Troon at the moment) and is currently making off down your street in a red Honda Accord, registration number A5...... Sorry - didn't get the rest of it.

Yours,

Stanley

Ah that would be Mrs McGlumphy's grandson at No 27. Not to be trusted. He has a big black and white cat, you know. (could it be a panda?)

David

Archived