Can SIL book my cruise while she's onboard hers?

My SIL will be cruising in November. She always books her next cruise onboard for the OBC. I'd like to take advantage of the OBC. If I give her my CC can she book mine as well? I know she can do it with her CC card and I can then pay her directly but I want to rack up the points on my RCCL visa.;)

Can it be done this way?

~Connie

I did this very thing for several cabins just this past May. Our own cabin, plus 3 more for family members. I did have one credit card from my sister, but not for the others. Not only did they also get the onboard credit, I didn't even have to put down a deposit for their cabin.

The RCI loyalty ambassador took down all the information I had and reserved for a week. I then transeferred it all to my TA and he took it from there, securing the deposits from the other parties. He did all the work, I only emailed them to tell them to expect a phone call from him :)

I think it's agreat way to book a small group cruise!

My parents booked our Liberty cruise when they were on Navigator last year. We did get the OBC. It worked out great!!

Kelly - when your parents booked your cruise, was it just for you or did they go also? Reason I ask - I know everyone gets the OBC if we are also going, I have done that many times.

However, in Jan, I want to book a cruise while we are on Sovereign for my nephew. We won't be going on the cruise with him. If I just book the cruise for him with his C&A number, will he still get the OBC even though we won't be on that cruise? Thanks

While on board the Empress I tried to book a cruise for my nephew (going solo) that I was not going on.....I couldn't do it.....BUT I could book it as a double with me as his roommate.....pay BOTH deposits, then cancel me later.....but it turns out I couldn't do that either since it was within the "penalty" period (within 70 days of sailing).

Kelly - when your parents booked your cruise, was it just for you or did they go also? Reason I ask - I know everyone gets the OBC if we are also going, I have done that many times.

However, in Jan, I want to book a cruise while we are on Sovereign for my nephew. We won't be going on the cruise with him. If I just book the cruise for him with his C&A number, will he still get the OBC even though we won't be on that cruise? Thanks

They did go as well. I didn't realize that might have been the reason... I didn't think about that...

They did go as well. I didn't realize that might have been the reason... I didn't think about that...

That makes more sense then. It just doesn't seem fair that anyone can book for anyone else who isn't on board. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the OBC for booking while onboad another cruise????:confused:

M

That makes more sense then. It just doesn't seem fair that anyone can book for anyone else who isn't on board. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the OBC for booking while onboad another cruise????:confused:

M

That's a perk you get for crusing with RCCl and I agree with Lynness, if your not crusing why should you get the perk.

I will do as one suggested. I will book myself in the room with him so he gets the credit. Then when I get home, I will call and do the name change from me to the person he is actually cruising with. That should work just fine. Thanks for the info!

I will do as one suggested. I will book myself in the room with him so he gets the credit. Then when I get home, I will call and do the name change from me to the person he is actually cruising with. That should work just fine. Thanks for the info!

I believe I have heard the rule as: You can make this change as long as at least one of the original people booked ends up in the room. I guess RC figures that if all new people end up on the reservation, it is really a new reservation.

We've booked friends cruises on board and got them the OBC and on another ship the LA wouldn't do it. Guess it's just who follows the rules and who bends them. Get your SIL to try...no harm no foul.

I think you are right--it is inconsistent within the fleet. However, I think I read some recently regarding "NEXT CRUISE" which indicates you can do this if you are using next cruise...not sure if it specified, but think all should be on the same cruise.

Archived