Do they read the forums?

jdr1000

I just read a thread by GlennPgh on the ice buckets on the Caribbean Princess ( I am cruising in October on CP) and the first question on my mind was:

Do any of the Cruise CEO's or Customer Service Managers, Presidents or any other high ranking, get things done quickly, decision makers of the different cruise lines we travel respond to any of the threads in the forum.

I own a fairly large company (700 head count) business, I wish my services were discussed in a forum like this one, by our customers, so I could read and respond to issues that many times do not get to my office due to simple and sometimes stupid bureaucratic processes that block information flow.

Do they read what we write, do they respond, are they fixing our complaints, and in that same note reward the people responsible for things when we congratulate different actions taken during our trips?

Just a simple question with the best of intentions. Has anyone had any exprerience with this?

Always book direct with Princess and ask alot of questions.

Found that Customer Service has improved 100%....they really go out of their way to answer questions....and if they don't have it will ask someone else.

I just changed my cabin for my next cruise.....noticed a small white square next to my cabin with a door.....rang up they didnot know.....went higher....came back and said it was a storage room....so I changed my cabin.

When I first called Princess in the past they would have not gone that extra step and said 'Oh it will be OK don't worry' not bothering to find out.

So YES I think they do read our posts.

There have been several posters who claim to be Cruise Directors, Pursers, etc., posting at various times. They are usually pretty busy on board, and I think that they are checking the boards when they are ashore.

One of the best ways to communicate with Princess is to fill out the questionaire provided (with both the positives and negatives) at the end of the cruise. They do read those, and on at least one occasion, I have received a letter acknowledging my comments and thanking me for suggesting whatever it was that I commented on.

Michael

Rumor has it that all the cruise lines have people who's job it is to read these boards daily to see what everyone is thinking and saying. Either people are not taking us serious, or the top management doesn't really care, as most of these gripes would be taken care of by now.. ie: chaise hogs, ice buckets, formal nights, etc., the list goes on and on, but solutions are not forthcoming... Bombero

He was my CD on the last cruise APril/May Sun Princess FLL to Vancouver the first 14 days he was so active.....the funniest person on 2 legs.He would also stand at exit to Princess Theatre in the evenings to get our comments on the performers. He arranged an Interview with the Captain for us all one afternoon.....Great Guy...even if he does appear first thing in the morning on TV with his Spa Face mask not washed off......or his face covered in chocolate having sat in the desert room stealing chocolate cake......discovered by the chef Ha.

While there’s high participation and good information on this board, if Princess does read the posts, hopefully they’ll realize there’s only a small percentage of passengers posting here. In the meantime, we have seen some real postings from employees here – I believe some in Customer Service, and Dan Gibbons is a real Cruise Director and the posts were his.

Whether someone in an official capacity at Santa Clarita is watching is anyone’s guess. Rumor is there is…

Host Chris--

It would be great if CC could get a Guest Relations officer for Princess to commit to answering questions from the CC Board. This could either be done in a live chat (although I don't know if CC technology can support that), through a dedicated thread (e.g. questions to Princess), or (perhaps best) by you soliciting some of our best questions and forwarding them for a response, which could be posted at the top of the Board.

If Princess cares about customer service (and I certainly think they do) they should jump at the chance to use this forum to get constructive feedback from their customers.

Seems to me like a win/win for Princess and CC.

What do you think?

BP

It would be great if CC could get a Guest Relations officer for Princess to commit to answering questions from the CC Board. This could either be done in a live chat (although I don't know if CC technology can support that), through a dedicated thread (e.g. questions to Princess), or (perhaps best) by you soliciting some of our best questions and forwarding them for a response, which could be posted at the top of the Board.

If Princess cares about customer service (and I certainly think they do) they should jump at the chance to use this forum to get constructive feedback from their customers. BP

Amen, bahamapapa.. There's a formula the federal government uses to count peoples opinion.. I don't recall the exact figures, but it goes something like this.. For every 1 letter mailed, or every phone call received, you multiply it by (#?) and that would be a close count that would include all those who feel the same, but wouldn't call, or write.. If Princess and all the others were smart, they'd use these boards and this formula and solve alot of problems and make alot of cruisers very happy... Bombero

Dear Princess,

Hello I am currently booked in the Grand suite on the November 26th 2005 sailing on the Golden. Could you pppplllllleeeease pretty please with a cherry on top arrange for my family to dine with the captain? Thanks for your consideration. Oh and if it is not to much to ask could you arrange for perfect weather?

Can't hurt can it?

I know that Richard Joseph (one of the CD with Princess) reads this board. Before our last cruise on the Coral in January, he answered many questions and we had the pleasure to meet him on board.

When we saw him after the "Welcome aboard" show, I said: "Hi Richard, I'm AlainBob from the Cruise Critic board"... and he remember almost every "chat" we had so far...

His user name is RJCD800. Go to the "Search" button on top of this page and search for this user. You will be abble to see his posts. In his personnal info, you will find a link to his personnal web site.

Richard once told me that he is not the only one from Princess who take a look at these boards...

Alain R.

Archived