Opinions please: Constellation balconies & CC

We are looking at a Christmas/New Year's cruise on the Constellation next year, but we're in unfamiliar territory when it comes to our cabin choice! :o

We are butler addicts, so we typically book suites when we sail with X. But the only ones available for this sailing are the Celebrity Suites, which don't have balconies. And we love our balcony even more than we love our butler. ;)

So, the choice is between a Concierge Class cabin and a regular balcony cabin. One of the available cabins is 6053, which has the weird wedge-shaped balcony. From the online deck plan, it looks like the balcony is more than twice as large -- is it really that big? If so, that might be our deciding factor. I know that the CC cabins are a little larger, so that would be nice too. I'm not overly impressed by the CC perks: we hardly ever do room service breakfast, and we don't drink champagne. But more space is always nice.

Any input?

I just came off the Constellation TA in a concierge cabin, but not the one you have. I do like the larger cabin though. The other perks in CC class really aren't all that important to me though.

A friend was in cabin 9038, which has the larger wedge shaped balcony and she loved it. She was able to put a full size lounge chair out there as well as the two smaller chairs and table that are usually on the balcony. She said it was great for sitting outside and reading.

Terri

The rooms with the wedge shaped balconies usually have a little bigger balcony - you can find out more by doing a search on the cabin number in this forum. Generally I find the CC perks modest, but like the location and size of CC rooms on most ships so we usually have a CC room. The biggest perk we like is that some of the bedding (sheets and such) and towels are a little nicer quality than for the rooms below it. The other perks (unusual items on the breakfast menu and appetizers) don't make much of a difference. The Champagne is nice, but quality varies and it's always cheep so it doesn't justify much of price difference alone.

Some question the value, and my advice on room upgrades is always that if the extra cost of a room makes a difference in how often you cruise, or what you can spend on other things during a cruise then go with the lower cost option. If the price difference won't make a big difference in what you otherwise do on your cruise then go for the nicer room.

We were just in 6035 which is one of the "sweet 16" staterooms on deck 6. The balcony was definitely twice the size of a standard balcony. These balconies don't look any bigger on the deck plans but I can assure you they are. We were able to fit two loungers on our balcony.

We were just in 6035 which is one of the "sweet 16" staterooms on deck 6. The balcony was definitely twice the size of a standard balcony. These balconies don't look any bigger on the deck plans but I can assure you they are. We were able to fit two loungers on our balcony.

Kewlguy, I'm not familiar with the "sweet 16." I counted 16 cabins along that stretch of the ship, so that's probably what you mean . . . but then there would technically be 32 of them, so I figured I should ask if only certain ones of those cabins have the larger balcony. Thanks! :)

Kewlguy' date=' I'm not familiar with the "sweet 16." I counted 16 cabins along that stretch of the ship, so that's probably what you mean . . . but then there would technically be 32 of them, so I figured I should ask if only certain ones of those cabins have the larger balcony. Thanks! :)[/font']

The staterooms with the double sized balconies on deck 6 are the first 8 staterooms on each side. We were in the last one which was double sized. The balcony to our left was standard sized.

Do you remember who the bartender was in the Martini lounge on the Constellation?

marlene

Ocha - Was our bartender in October 06 and March 07 - he was great!

Here's a picture of him pouring four drinks at once - and each was perfect in measure and taste!

161839288-S.jpg

Archived