Grandeur problem

wraithe

Grandeur is having some propulsion problems, and is going to be about 4 hours late arriving at Baltimore Oct. 5th. They're currently expecting to arrive in port about 11:00 and commence disembark about 12:00. They're not going to let anyone in cars down to the pier until after they get at least partially disembarked, they don't have room to put 2000 people in the terminal. Just a heads up.

Grandeur is having some propulsion problems, and is going to be about 4 hours late arriving at Baltimore Oct. 5th. They're currently expecting to arrive in port about 11:00 and commence disembark about 12:00. They're not going to let anyone in cars down to the pier until after they get at least partially disembarked, they don't have room to put 2000 people in the terminal. Just a heads up.

Hey Wraithe! Bummer, are you in Baltimore already? Hope that doesn't end up impacting your itinerary...

Theron

Yep, got into town about 23:00 (11:00 pm) and found out about it. I hate it for the folks that are into itineraries. For me, the ship is the destination and once I'm onboard it's all good. We'll see what happens over the next 24 hours.

I'm sure we'll all be watching to see what happens...

On a side note, did you notice that I updated my Samana map? I got some info from Grandeur's shopping guide when I was on her to Bermuda. If you can point out any other landmarks, let me know when you get back!

http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/maps/portmaps.php?mapid=drsam

Theron

I'm sure we'll all be watching to see what happens...

On a side note, did you notice that I updated my Samana map? I got some info from Grandeur's shopping guide when I was on her to Bermuda. If you can point out any other landmarks, let me know when you get back!

http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/maps/portmaps.php?mapid=drsam

Theron

You bet Theron, catch you later!

Yep, got into town about 23:00 (11:00 pm) and found out about it. I hate it for the folks that are into itineraries. For me, the ship is the destination and once I'm onboard it's all good. We'll see what happens over the next 24 hours.

I am like you, Wraithe. . . Just put me on the ship, and I will be fine.

Let us all know how things work out. . . I will be tuning in,

Radio

;) ;)

I ahve a friend going on this cruise and I have been looking out my window at work ( Bayview Hospital) looking for the ship thought the Fog was keeping me from seeing it, after reading this post I called to tell her to wait til at least one to get to the port ( after convincing the husband Monday that he could check in at 11:30)But I don't want them sitting in line

Thanks for the post!!

Given the delay, I wonder what time she sails away tonight. I'm thinking of running down the road and watching her float by; perhaps take a pic or two.

Enjoy the cruise Wraithe! (I thought you were in Annapolis once upon a time...?).

Laura (flamingo21401) - hey, just noticed you're from the Dena? Small world..........

Of course the big question is whether or not they can fix the problem before they leave. The Eastern itinerary is fairly aggressive, if they can't get her speed back up to normal, they will definitely miss some ports.

Theron

Of course the big question is whether or not they can fix the problem before they leave. The Eastern itinerary is fairly aggressive, if they can't get her speed back up to normal, they will definitely miss some ports.

Theron

:( But that's part of cruising so, I'm prepared, especially since it's hurricane season. I didn't have anything major planned at ports so no biggie, at least I'm on vacation! :)

I expect there will be some complainers though.

Laura (flamingo21401) - hey, just noticed you're from the Dena? Small world..........

Yes I am, born and bred in Pasadena. We are planning on leaving the house around 4 pm and getting to the port before 5. I'm hoping that most of the back log will be cleared away by then.

Theron, do you anticipate they could fix this problem in one of the ports they are headed off to?

Well, hard to say, since we haven't really heard what the problem is. They are scheduled for San Juan, St. Thomas, Samana and Labadee, so the last two definitely not. Plus the itinerary is two days at sea, then San Juan at 2PM the third... if they leave with the problem, that would really impact the cruise, it would probably take them 3 full days at sea to reach San Juan. Hopefully they will get it fixed today in Baltimore.

I would think someone on the ship should know what is going on... just have to keep checking back!

Theron

Archived