CTN Experience/Dining

Mysteryreader

My sil and I are taking a 2-nt cruise to nowhere in Nov. I understand there is some reduction in normal services over a cruise of more usual length. Can someone who's taking a CTN fill me in? Assigned seating in dining room, etc? This will be my first cruise on Celebrity, first cruise ever for sil. She's getting so excited and will be interested in any info I can pass her way.

M/R

Okay, then I can tell you about my CTN on the Victory in June. There are very few things missing that you would normally experience on a "regular" cruise. The second night is your formal night, they do pictures, there are shows each night. We were a little surprised there was no daily Caper (newspaper) for the final day. There was minimal information about when and where to go to disembark.

If you have any particular questions you can e-mail me at bunkie103@yahoo.com. I think I still have a copy of the Capers and if you would like one I could mail it to you. If so, e-mail me your name and address.

We took a CTN on the Victory in June out of NY. I could definately tell in a difference in the quality of service over a 7 day...ESPECIALLY in the dining room.

The food was good though and we had a great time.

I also noticed people were not really dressed very formally on formal night, which I understand. I wasn't thrilled to drag along formal clothes on a weekend trip....VERY few long gowns.

It's still a fun get a way, but TOO SHORT !!!!

Have a good time.

Also did a CTN in June and we really enjoyed it. One thing we liked was since you went nowhere there was no customs and we could buy all the booze and smokes we could carry for great prices and just pay a 3% tax on them.

Service was good and so was the entertainment. I noticed less people using the diningroom but yet the meals in there were the best of Carnival's 7 day menu. Lots of 1st timers trying to get a taste of cruising but it is a completely different experience. We really enjoyed it and would do it again if the prices were not so high for these cruises.

Assigned seating in the Dining Room and Showtime in the dining room on formal night! I bought flavored rum for $6 a bottle, that's the only one I can tell you about. I would say no to reduced crew...it was a full ship and fully staffed. Party atmosphere?? Yes and No. Not rowdy, many families, but all there to have a good time.

Cigs worked out to $16.50 a carton with the tax. Had some good alcohol sales also but basically the prices are the same.

Seemed to have more drinking but not really a party crowd and not really loud. We had our assigned table in the diningroom and our waiter seemed disappointed that not many showed up.

Pictures--do they take pictures getting on the ship- pictures on formal nights? how about the gawdawful pirate pictures?

I heard the dining room isnt very crowded as people tend to go to the buffet on these CTN. where did you eat?

They squeeze all those photos in including the pirate in the diningroom.

Most people seems to opt for the buffet and I ate there both nights and one lunch. We did the breakfast buffet both mornings and the lunch day on embarkment day. One thing that really disturbed me was the "I'm entitled, I'm gettting mine" attitude on the debarkment morning. People were filling plates with food mounds high and not touching them just sitting them on the tables. I was amazed at the amount of waste and poor attitude that morning and I've seen lots of cruise buffets so it takes a lot to shock me.

hmm, I have seen people hog food on real cruises so I dont think thats a CTN thing. You would think the way these people load up their troughs--i mean plates...you wonder where their next meal is coming from,.

Thanks for your reply about pictures. Some friend of ours gave us photo coupons for when we got onboard the Legend...

We sat next to a man at breakfast who bragged to his wife that he had taken 28 pieces of bacon. My DD and I looked over at his table and he had two plates full of bacon. We also heard his wife say she would "throw him overboard" if he ate that much bacon! :eek:

Archived