The Cruise Port at Fort Lauderdale....???

Suesan Jean

Since I a new to cruising out of anywhere but New York City and Bayonne, New Jersey, I have a question........

What is the name of the port that the Crown Princess leaves out of at Fort Lauderdale....????

THANK YOU......!!!!:)

I was wondering about this as well--thanks for posting! I'm going on Grand Princess to the Western Carribean next month out of Ft. Lauderdale.

So, ALL Princess ships depart from Port Everglades out of Ft. Lauderdale? Also, how far away is the cruise port from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport (FLL)?

Thanks so much!

It is very close to the FLL airport. Port Everglades is an "easy" port. Easy to get a taxi to the port, and the ride is usually less than $15 incl. tip.

Most hotels have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and some have free shuttles to the port. The non-free shuttles are usually only $6-8 pp. Hope that helps.

Have a great cruise!

Since I a new to cruising out of anywhere but New York City and Bayonne, New Jersey, I have a question........

What is the name of the port that the Crown Princess leaves out of at Fort Lauderdale....????

THANK YOU......!!!!:)

I think the Crown sails out of San Juan in the winter...

Also, how far away is the cruise port from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport (FLL)?

Thanks so much!

It is 2.3 miles, as per Google Earth (straight line distance, so roads are a bit further) from the front of terminal 3 at FLL to the Princess pier at Port Everglades. I love fooling around with Google Earth LOL. I almost spent an entire night on there when I first downloaded it LOL.

As a New Yorker & sailed our of NY & NJ I have sailed out of Ft Lauderdale(PortEverglades) many many times & have found it a very easy port to embark from. My suggestion for you is if you can is to fly down the day before. We have been doing this for years. We feel we cannot trust the NY airports(airlines) to get us there on time even though we usually get the first flight out in the morning. I would rather be there the day before then worry about if I am going to make the ship in time. We usually book our own air.

As a New Yorker & sailed our of NY & NJ I have sailed out of Ft Lauderdale(PortEverglades) many many times & have found it a very easy port to embark from. My suggestion for you is if you can is to fly down the day before. We have been doing this for years. We feel we cannot trust the NY airports(airlines) to get us there on time even though we usually get the first flight out in the morning. I would rather be there the day before then worry about if I am going to make the ship in time. We usually book our own air.

That is EXACTLY what I plan on doing.......:)

I did toy with the idea of flying down early that Sunday Morning, but, then I realized what a FOOLISH idea that was.......!!!:eek:

DELAYS DO HAPPEN....!!!!:(

And, I would MUCH RATHER have a day to find a new flight down then just a couple of hours..... That would be just TOO MUCH STRESS...!!!:o

Now, I just have to find a nice hotel with FREE airport pick-up and port drop-off......;)

It is very close to the FLL airport. Port Everglades is an "easy" port. Easy to get a taxi to the port, and the ride is usually less than $15 incl. tip.

Most hotels have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and some have free shuttles to the port. The non-free shuttles are usually only $6-8 pp. Hope that helps.

Have a great cruise!

THANK YOU for ALL your information.....!!!icon14.gif:)

I was wondering about this as well--thanks for posting! I'm going on Grand Princess to the Western Carribean next month out of Ft. Lauderdale.

So, ALL Princess ships depart from Port Everglades out of Ft. Lauderdale? Also, how far away is the cruise port from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport (FLL)?

Thanks so much!

BON VOYAGE......!!!!icon14.gif:D :)

Port Everglades is a wonderful port of departure. As you're leaving the folks in the Condos that line the way out flick their lights on & off, wave Princess flags, and sound horns in salute. I look forward to leaving from there everytime we happen to be cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Archived