When is Spring Break in New Orleans and Mobile?

pkw1966

Does anyone know when spring break is for local school in New Orleans and Mobile? I am considering a 5 day cruise during the week of April 12th and want to take the route that will have less spring breakers (both college and high school).

Since I work for the Mobile County School System, I can tell you that locally Spring break is April 14 thru April April 20 2008.

As a contractor to HUD for their single family foreclosure homes program, I can tell you that vandalism to our vacant properties will skyrocket April 14 thru April 20, 2008. :mad:

Louisiana doesn't have "Spring Break"- We get off for Mardi Gras then we have a week for Easter- Most people call it Spring Break however we do not since it's two seperate occasions. We do things different over here- You will notice we have Parishes not Counties:rolleyes:

Louisiana doesn't have "Spring Break"- We get off for Mardi Gras then we have a week for Easter- Most people call it Spring Break however we do not since it's two seperate occasions. We do things different over here- You will notice we have Parishes not Counties:rolleyes:

This is true, the dates I gave you is for Easter week and that has allways been known as spring break here.

Those ports will also get travelers from all over. NE sometimes have winter breaks in april i think...maybe someone from the North east can answer

Yes I am from Gardner, MA and my girlfriend has college spring break Monday April 21 - Friday April 25. I was going to be doing that cruise but my sister and father couldnlt take that week. So we are doing the New orleans cruise May 17-22 instead

Does anyone know when spring break is for local school in New Orleans and Mobile? I am considering a 5 day cruise during the week of April 12th and want to take the route that will have less spring breakers (both college and high school).

I think you will see spring breakers from mid march through all of April.

Michigan is April 4-13 2008, and we leave Michigan for warmer waters!!

This website will tell you college spring breaks...we used it to plan a cruise for our honeymoon....it helped out a LOT! We did not want to be around 1000 college kids on our honeymoon.

http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar.htm

This website seems to list 2007 College Spring Break dates. Anyone know anywhere I can look up the 2008 dates?

• 1 month later...

Archived