FLL Hyatt Pier 66 question

robinhoods

Just got a room for pre-cruise on Priceline. Is a taxi the only transportation from the airport to the hotel, and hotel to the ship. I read they have no shuttle. Just want to plan ahead and would appreciate any comments from those who have stayed here(did you call a taxi or did you ask the hotel to call). Sorry if this seems dumb, just want to make it easy on myself. Looking to book post-cruise on the beach on Priceline any suggestions?

There are usually taxis waiting to pull up to the door when the doorman indicates one is desired. There may be a shuttle available to the pier. In March, I was able to use one, along with a group of 9-10 other people who were headed to the port at the same time I was. Check with the doorman, front desk, and concierge. If the doorman and front desk say "No", the concierge maybe able to help obtain one. Even if it is "free", be sure to remember to offer the driver a gratuity.

Try the Pelican Bar and Grill for lunch. It overlooks the Intracoastal Waterway and part of the Port. It is delightful!

Also, the Top of the Pier Lounge is a great spot for Happy Hour and watching the sailing of any of the ships that might be departing that day.

Enjoy your stay at Pier 66!

Hi Robinhoods,

DH and I stayed there last year pre-cruise. We also got it on priceline for $80. Our cruise left 1/5/04. Do you mind sharing how much you paid on priceline and the date. We have been bidding for this year with no luck so far. In reference to your shuttle question, we rented a car from Budget (airport location) last year for $33 for the day and we drove all around FLL, including a trip to the beach and the grocery store for supplies for the cruise. Budget has a car return at Quay Plaza--very close to the cruise terminal. The Budget van will take you right to the ship and drop you off for free (tip extra). If you decide not to rent a car, taxis are inexpensive in FLL because everything is close. From the airport to Harbor Beach Marriott is usually less than $15.

The Harbor Beach Marriott (Resort in the beach area on priceline) is right on the beach and a beautiful property. You can sometimes get it on priceline, but it depends on when your cruise is. We weren't able to get it last January, and I bid for three months prior to our cruise. It was our first choice before the Hyatt.

This was our first time on priceline and we first tried for Harbour Beach $85, 11/13/04. Rejected. We then rebid and added 4* and got Pier 66. Probably should have bid lower, but due to inexperience we were unsure of the rules. Nevertheless, we are please at the price as we were booked at a Comfort Inn for 76.99 and had just read some horrific revues on Tripadvisor. This is a huge step up for a few bucks.

Thank you all for your responses, we will be sure to check out the food and drink advice, etc.

Archived