Which area in Cabo

jonj

Medano Beach is the only swimming beach right in Cabo. The hotels that are closest to town are Cabo Villas, ME and the Pueblo Bonito properties. We go there every year and are headed that way again for 10 days, leaving in 2 weeks. Let me know if you have any other questions!:)

Hi househunter!

We will be in Cabo Jan 2008 and are looking for a hotel with a "clean" beach & pool area...for a "great" beach day. I also want to book a Parasailing trip too! (first timer!)

Prefer a beach with lounge chair bar service...umbrella's and "nice" lounge chairs...no vendors. People watching beach but don't want to be crowded.

What hotel would you recommend as the "Best" one to go too... for what we are looking for?

Pat :)

Hi househunter!

We will be in Cabo Jan 2008 and are looking for a hotel with a "clean" beach & pool area...for a "great" beach day. I also want to book a Parasailing trip too! (first timer!)

Prefer a beach with lounge chair bar service...umbrella's and "nice" lounge chairs...no vendors. People watching beach but don't want to be crowded.

What hotel would you recommend as the "Best" one to go too... for what we are looking for?

Pat :)

Medano beach is usually pretty crowed and lots of vendors - I would recommend the Finisterra on the Pacific side, but still close to town.

Medano beach is usually pretty crowed and lots of vendors - I would recommend the Finisterra on the Pacific side, but still close to town.

But Finisterra, Playa Grande and TerraSol will not allow "outsiders" usually. They are very strict with guards at each drive enterance. And...you can not get in the water on the Pacific side!!!! Way too dangerous. If you are really looking for seclusion on the beach go down to San Jose...either around Zippers/Surf Hotel area or further into town. I can't think of the name of the small hotel on the beach there that offers day passes. I will post if I remember or will look when I go to the grocery store tonight.

But Finisterra, Playa Grande and TerraSol will not allow "outsiders" usually. They are very strict with guards at each drive enterance. And...you can not get in the water on the Pacific side!!!! Way too dangerous. If you are really looking for seclusion on the beach go down to San Jose...either around Zippers/Surf Hotel area or further into town. I can't think of the name of the small hotel on the beach there that offers day passes. I will post if I remember or will look when I go to the grocery store tonight.

I guess I misunderstood the post - I thought they were looking for a hotel to spend the night - however - looks like your right - they are just looking for a day beach - I guess the only choice that is close to the tender pier would be Medano beach.

Does anyone know of a bar on Medano Beach with the word "Mango" in its name??? Has anyone spent time there? I heard it is lots of fun for the cruise passengers looking to swim and party at the same time. Thanx for any info on this.:)

The Mango Deck is right in the middle of the action on Medano and is alot of fun! they provided lounge chairs that you can use for the entire day as long as you are buying food and drinks.

The only hotel that allows cruise passengers to my knowledge is the ME. It is kind of a hotel geared toward the young and beautiful and plays loud techno music all day long. My suggestion is to just go to one of the beach bars that look good to you, pull up a lounge chair and have fun. The only thing you will be missing is the pool but you have the beautiful Sea of Cortez to swim in along with all of the activites so a pool is not really necessary.

It would be about a 45 minute walk aroung the marina to get to the beach. A land taxi should be under $10 total or a water taxi could pick you up right on the pier as you get off the ship's tender. It would be about $3-4 per person for a water taxi. You do have to get on and off the water taxi in at least knee deep water so if you have any mobility issues a regular taxi would be best.

I guess I misunderstood the post - I thought they were looking for a hotel to spend the night - however - looks like your right - they are just looking for a day beach - I guess the only choice that is close to the tender pier would be Medano beach.

I even tried to go eat at one of the restaurants at Playa Grande last week for dinner and was not allowed in because I didn't have a prior reservation...they had openings but they check you out before letting you on their property! I ended up going for hotdogs and saved a ton of money.

We took a water taxi from the dock to the Mango Deck and all those bars along there. $3 per person each way. Yes, you do have to climb out of the boat into the water when you get to the beach. I don't recall the Mango Deck having lounge chairs, but Billygan's does (right next door). Billygan's also has 2 for 1 drinks, so if you order 1, you get 2. A fun playground for sure, except for the ever present vendors. Cabo is so easy to enjoy on your own, I would never bother with a paid excursion, but that is just me. Cabo is always our beach day.

I've heard confilicting stories and wanted to see if anyone here has had experience with this. I can guess which is the "right" way but... Do you have to buy a day pass at Nikki Beach or can you walk up the beach way to Nikki and as long as your buyin' they don't mind? I'd like to have use of the beds and pool there (as well as the beach!) And is the music loud in the day? I understand that they are at night, but the ship isn't there that late.

I've heard confilicting stories and wanted to see if anyone here has had experience with this. I can guess which is the "right" way but... Do you have to buy a day pass at Nikki Beach or can you walk up the beach way to Nikki and as long as your buyin' they don't mind? I'd like to have use of the beds and pool there (as well as the beach!) And is the music loud in the day? I understand that they are at night, but the ship isn't there that late.

The DH, DS (11), and I took a cab from the ship to Nikki Beach. When we got there we asked them if we bought $25 worth of food and drink could we spend the day there as that is what we had heard. They said no problem. We then went and sat on one of the beds and proceeded to spend the whole day there. They never hasseled us for anything. Just at one point asked if we would mind sharing the bed (they are huge wooden platforms with tons of big fluffy pillows) with some other people. We were fine with that. It is part of a hotel where you are allowed to use the pool and it is right on the beach. It is elevated from the sand so you're not sitting in it which is great. The DH and DS parasailed and rented jet skis. I kicked back with a couple of wine coolers that they were promoting (they gave each of us plastic water bottles with the wine company's logo on it, which came in handy later on in the cruise). We swam in the ocean, we swam in the pool, and we ate some really great food. The desserts and ice cream were awesome!:D They provided us with towels, and all in all, we spent one of the best days of our cruise there. The music is Euro dance music and it wasn't loud at all during the whole time we were there. I would go back there in a heartbeat, and as a matter of fact, we plan to go visit the Nikki Beach in Cabo when we travel there in Dec.!! I highly recommend it.:D Opps! Sorry! I just realized that you were asking about Nikki Beach in Cabo. Our experience was this past spring break in PV! But, like I said, we enjoyed our visit there so much we are planning to go to the Nikki Beach in Cabo this Dec.

The DH, DS (11), and I took a cab from the ship to Nikki Beach. When we got there we asked them if we bought $25 worth of food and drink could we spend the day there as that is what we had heard. They said no problem. We then went and sat on one of the beds and proceeded to spend the whole day there. They never hasseled us for anything. Just at one point asked if we would mind sharing the bed (they are huge wooden platforms with tons of big fluffy pillows) with some other people. We were fine with that. It is part of a hotel where you are allowed to use the pool and it is right on the beach. It is elevated from the sand so you're not sitting in it which is great. The DH and DS parasailed and rented jet skis. I kicked back with a couple of wine coolers that they were promoting (they gave each of us plastic water bottles with the wine company's logo on it, which came in handy later on in the cruise). We swam in the ocean, we swam in the pool, and we ate some really great food. The desserts and ice cream were awesome!:D They provided us with towels, and all in all, we spent one of the best days of our cruise there. The music is Euro dance music and it wasn't loud at all during the whole time we were there. I would go back there in a heartbeat, and as a matter of fact, we plan to go visit the Nikki Beach in Cabo when we travel there in Dec.!! I highly recommend it.:D Opps! Sorry! I just realized that you were asking about Nikki Beach in Cabo. Our experience was this past spring break in PV! But, like I said, we enjoyed our visit there so much we are planning to go to the Nikki Beach in Cabo this Dec.

Was Nikki Beach's drinks expensive I see they offer a beach day there in Cabo but they want a pretty penny and it does not include drinks. It seems like it might be better to do on your own. :rolleyes:

Mousey, that sounds awesome! I think that is the best bet... just going on your own. What cruise line are you going on? NCL's excursion is 80 dollars per person. We have 3, so I think going through them is out. Someone recommended going to the beach directly across the ship on Las Gatas Beach (their pictures with the ship in the background were neat) but Nikki sounds more luxurious! Thanks for the info! Amy:)

Mango Deck does have lounge chairs, all the beach bars on Medano do except for the Office which is primarily a restaurant ( not very good and very over priced ). We spend 10 days in Cabo every October and always spend a few beach days at the Mango Deck while we are there. It does get a little ....raunchy sometimes with the wet t shirt contests, body shots and some of the other drinking games so if you have small children you can always get up and move to the next place. They are within steps of each other. If you want a place that is a little more peaceful, walk down to Tabascos. It does not have all the craziness and has a great all day happy hour. The one thing that I hate is that the swimming areas in front of the main part of the beach are tiny roped offed "pens" to protect swimmers from the water taxis and the jet skis. This does not allow very much room for swimming and gets very crowed when the "pens" are full!

In front of Tabascos the swimming area is much, much bigger!:)

Solita,

I was looking online at different beach-front hotels and noticed Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Grand Spa. They have a huge neat pirate ship in their pool that has a hot tub, tables and chairs. Do you happen to know this hotel? I called their operators to see if they offer day passes and he didn't really understand what I was saying really.

"Tabascos"...do they have "Lounge" chairs/umbrellas available too?

...how far is this beach restaurant/bar from the Pueblo Bonito Blanco?

"Pueblo Bonito Blanco"...day passes for cruisers or can we just arrive and pay as we order... for lounge chairs/umbrellas/drinks/food?

Best way to get to Tabascos from pier...taxi $...? walkable...?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with us. :)

Tabascos is right next to the Pueblo Bonito Blanco if you are walking away from the main part of Medano. Pueblo Bonito does not allow people to use the resort unless you are a guest. Either does Villa del Arco which would be a long walk from the action. The ONLY resort on Medano, unless it has very recently changed, that allows day visitors is the ME where Nikki Beach is located.

ALL of the beach bars have lounge chairs, including Tabascos except for the Office. The easiest way to get there is to hop on a water taxi right where the ships tenders let you off on the dock. It should be $3-$4 per person each way. You do have to get off and then again back on in the water taxi in the water so you may get a little wet. Just have them drop you off in front of the Mango Deck and then you can walk around and see what looks best to you. It would be at least a 45 minute walk to Medano from the marina as I had posted earlier!

Mousey, that sounds awesome! I think that is the best bet... just going on your own. What cruise line are you going on? NCL's excursion is 80 dollars per person. We have 3, so I think going through them is out. Someone recommended going to the beach directly across the ship on Las Gatas Beach (their pictures with the ship in the background were neat) but Nikki sounds more luxurious! Thanks for the info! Amy:)

Unfortunately, we only get to cruise once a year when our DS has his spring break, so we are done cruising until the end of March '08. :( However, we are going to spend Christmas week this year at my SIL's timeshare in Cabo, so don't feel too sorry for me!:D

To: heysweetiehey,

If you go to the Nikki Beach website you can actually pull up their menu. I don't know it offhand. I just typed in Nikki Beach Cabo San Lucas and clicked on one of the links that are listed. I really don't remember it being outrageously expensive. I think the wine coolers were $3 or 2 for $5. I do remember that it was one of the best days of our cruise as we all got to do what we wanted, all in one place. I kicked back and the guys did the jet skis and parasailing. They gave our DS an extra long ride because they weren't busy at the time he went up. Everyone in the area, waitstaff, DJ, girls selling the wine coolers, the water toys people, were all very, very nice. Oh, another thing I forgot to tell you is that there is a little palapa where you can buy stuff if you want. Pareos, jewelry, you know the kind of stuff. Don't forget to bring your suntan lotion!!!!!

Have a great trip everyone. We plan to visit Nikki Beach in Cabo in December!

Archived