Western Carib in wintertime?

JHCALLAHAN

I'm curious how's the weather in say February? DW and I are itching to sail the Conquest again. Last month it was humid and hot as Hell on Saturday night. As long as it's not rainy it sure wouldn't hurt my feelings any if it were 10-15 degrees cooler!

Thanks for the info,

JHC

We were in the Western Caribbean in January and the weather on the islands was mid to upper 80s which was perfect. We did have bad weather on our return, missed Princess Cays and it was only 45 degrees when we returned to Fort Lauderdale. With that said, we are cruising again this January.

Out of 6 western cruises ranging from Late Nov.- March we have had 2 days with rain, a couple with high winds and one day in Belize when it was cool, maybe 75 for a high. That is 5 or 6 days out of over 30 days. I'll take those odds anytime.

We did the Panama Canal which also included some W. Carib stops. In February. Great weather. Got very hot in Costa Rico and Panama, but the other stops north were great. More clouds than in spring, but NO rain to speak of for 14 days. GO FOR IT!

Archived