New York Taxi Strike

Fisherwoman

We're on the Oct 23rd sailing of the Constellation and I heard a report that the NY taxi drivers may be striking on Oct 22nd. Does anyone know if this is true? What does a taxi cost from Radio City to Cape Bayonne? I was quoted $120.00 for a limo. Thanks for your assistance.

Fisherwoman :confused:

they did this a few weeks ago...it was only for a day or 2and not all the cabs participated....not sure how much a cab from the city would be over to cape liberty n bayonne, but since i don't think the manhattan cabbie would pick up a return fare, it might be a little expensive...i am sure some of the locals will see this and answer.....

here is some info about the upcoming strike

http://www.newyorkology.com/archives/2007/10/another_ny_taxi.php

and here is the docom for cape liberty

http://www.cruiseliberty.com

hth for now!

We're on the Oct 23rd sailing of the Constellation and I heard a report that the NY taxi drivers may be striking on Oct 22nd.

It's a 24-hour strike ending at 5AM on the 23rd, so you should be OK. Taxi fare should be less than the car service.

NY yellow metered cabs are NOT required to take you to Port Liberty(they are required to take you to Newark Airport for the meter plus tolls plus %15.00). I have petitioned the NY TLC to do the same thing for Port Liberty. If they do take you its whatever you and they agree to and I understand that $100 is about the going rate. so $120 for a limo isn't that bad unfortunately outrageous as it is.

The strike last time did not significantly impact the city and this won't either....but it may take you longer to get a limo or a cab.

• 3 weeks later...
We're on the Oct 23rd sailing of the Constellation and I heard a report that the NY taxi drivers may be striking on Oct 22nd. Does anyone know if this is true? What does a taxi cost from Radio City to Cape Bayonne? I was quoted $120.00 for a limo. Thanks for your assistance.

Fisherwoman :confused:

I spoke with the Carmel Limo service today about getting from our hotel in Manhattan to Cape Liberty. I was quoted $52.00 plus $8.00 tolls plus tip.

That's for a Lincoln Town Car for 2 people.

Their website is https://carmellimo.com/

I hope that helps.

Archived