Auckland on shore laundry facilities

scraps

Crusing from Sydney to Auckland and then to Honolulu on Celebrity Mercury. Are there any self operated or wash and fold laundry facilities close to the dock that would be open on Sunday (3/2/08)?

I used one in Fort st which is close to where the ship docks but I am not sure if is open on Sundays. (I was there on a Saturday). There are plenty around Auckland but may not be within walking distance so it may be a case of asking a cab driver for his/her local knowledge.

:)

*edit* It cost me $12NZ to wash and dry a very large sack full *edit*

I found one (since I mean to do the same thing) but will need to check my other computer for the info. I emailed the Auckland visitor center and they were nice enough to send me the info. Probably should post it on our Roll Call but there probably won't be room for all of us who want to use it :) Also, I've heard that there is often a special laundry deal onboard near the end of the cruise. If that's the case then I'd rather do that - they do a great job.

Here's the info...must be the same one referenced by Mipps:

There is a Laundromat named ‘suds’ located at 18b Fort St, which is off Queen St. They are open 7 days and offer diy or serviced washing and ironing, along with dry-cleaning also. Their number is 09 358 4370.

Crusing from Sydney to Auckland and then to Honolulu on Celebrity Mercury. Are there any self operated or wash and fold laundry facilities close to the dock that would be open on Sunday (3/2/08)?

If this is your first time with Celebrity--about 2 days towards the end of the AUS cruise part you will get a paper bag to fill & it will cost you $29..if you have been before & are Capt Member--you will get a booklet with coupon--depending on what level you are--we got 2 books & each had a coupon for $20 for same said bag--beats trying to pack it up & do it yourself..also sent shirts to be washed they AND handkerchiefs arrived back ironed also. Then I would assume you'd get before end of Hawaii one--but are yo on a back to back or one full cruise?--if one--then you'd get towards the end..either way I would just figure it spend money & send it out & enjoy your day instead of waiting on laundry. Have a great cruise tho.

Thanks, Syl. Trying to figure out when Celebrity does this. We've been on many Celebrity cruises and never had this offer. Certainly hope it comes to us this time and, since we're doing a B2B, we can use it twice. We are now Elite so should get the coupon. Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I may just take your suggestion about using the ship's laundry, unless I can talk the bride into doing it while I find a a pub to hang out in. You must have been married in 1961. Our 46th was last August 27. Have a great cruise.

I found one (since I mean to do the same thing) but will need to check my other computer for the info. I emailed the Auckland visitor center and they were nice enough to send me the info. Probably should post it on our Roll Call but there probably won't be room for all of us who want to use it :) Also, I've heard that there is often a special laundry deal onboard near the end of the cruise. If that's the case then I'd rather do that - they do a great job.

Sheila, if you are at the Elite level for Celebrity...there will be a coupon...good for laundry at $15.00/bag. It's laundry...not dry cleaning. I think we'll use the ship's services, instead of using a laundry elsewhere.

Karyn

Thanks, Karyn...we just made Elite but I thought it was $20/bag. We will certainly do that. Sure beats taking laundry off of the ship and remembering to pick it up. I can just imagine sailing off to Fr. Polynesia without my clothes Yikes.

Archived