Anytime or Traditional Dining

gm217

I know it's been explained over and over, but can someone do it so I can understand how it works. We are a group of 10, will we all be seated together. Do you have the same waiter, how do you tip??? When do you make a reservation?

Any help would be appreciated

I know it's been explained over and over, but can someone do it so I can understand how it works. We are a group of 10, will we all be seated together. Do you have the same waiter, how do you tip??? When do you make a reservation?

Any help would be appreciated

With anytime, you can make a reservation for the week if you like. You can request a certain waiter or take the first available at the time you reserve. Tipping is included in the automatic tips. We have tipped additionally if great service from a wait staff that we will not see again.

Traditional is same wait staff and table for the cruise.

I have some friends that just got off a Princess cruise with their family of 10...They wouldn't do the anytime dining again for a large group...but would when its just the 2 of them...The reason because they couldn't do it anytime...They had to wait to long for a table for 10 to be availabe for such a large group. You probally would be better off with traditional.

Sandy

There are not many tables for 10. So you will probably do best with traditional dining unless you are willing to split up. Contact your TA immediately to get a reservation for the seating you prefer (first seating is about 6:15 and second is about 8:15). Make sure the TA knows to put all of you at one table.

thanks, that makes alot of sense. I don't know why our TA did this, but I think we will change to traditional seating

If your cruise is coming up soon I don't think you will have a chance of getting traditional dining unfortunately. You usually need to book about a year out for that.

Bill

For a group that size, definitely try to get Traditional Dining. If you aren't able to, see the maitre de the first day of your cruise, and ask for the same table (or 2) every night at the same time in Anytime Dining. You will probably have to choose a 6pm or 8:15pm dining time if you do this. True Anytime Dining does not seem to work well at all for large groups who wish to dine together.

I think traditional makes sense for a large group if for no other reason than that you only have to make a group decision once as to what time to eat. Can you just imagine trying to satisfy 10 people? "What time does everyone want to eat tonight?" "Oh, that's too early"...."that's too late", etc.

If your cruise is coming up soon I don't think you will have a chance of getting traditional dining unfortunately. You usually need to book about a year out for that. Bill

We have never booked that far out and every Princess cruise we have gotten our Late Traditional all times except once (Med cruise). We have booked a month before and still gotten it. Early is usually harder to get just because it is more popular with a more elderly group of passengers.

Archived