Fort Lauderdale-What to do and see

Tony & Trevor

Someone mentioned the Galleria Mall. ... and a nice Asian restaurant called P.F. Changs.

Don't forget Blue Martini if you want a nice cocktail or two! :D

PF Changs is OK, but in my opinion it's a "hyped" chain, the food is not the best. Directly across the street is a more authentic Chinese place, but the name of it escapes me.

Tony & Trevor,

I am soory but must disagree with Cruisinmatt regarding PF Changs. I think they are just terrific and the place across the street, The Jade Garden is just not very good, IMHO.

I have heard spotty reports about Trinas though. If by any chance you're into a gayer evening, try Rosies Grill in Wilton Manors, which just happens to be my town. (I always say FLL as few people know WM). Wilton Drive, of which Rosies is on is the happening place for a diversion.;)

Howard

I am soory but must disagree with Cruisinmatt regarding PF Changs. I think they are just terrific and the place across the street, The Jade Garden is just not very good, IMHO.

Oh well, to each his own, I thought Jade Garden (thanks for reminding me of the name) is kind of "cheesy", but more authentic than trendy P.F. Changs. ;) - No comments on Blue Martini? :rolleyes:

Hope I didn't offend CruisinMatt, but truth be known, this area is not how shall we say chinese food heaven. I've never been to the Blue Martini, not my kind of bar, but I hear it has a very large 40 something crowd and is quite popular. I also agree that the Galleria food court is better than average, but who wants to come all this way and eat in a food court or a mall for that matter. We were just trying to make suggestions for T&T. I think we have all given him and Grannylorr quite a few ideas for their short but hopefully wonderful stay in our fair cities.

Howard

>"...but who wants to come all this way and eat in a food court or a mall for that matter?"

Granny and her husband will be on the Pride for approximately 4 months. I suspect they should be on bread and water before embarkation!

I am feasting on Lean Cusine before boarding the Spirit. As I have mentioned before, pulling off the plastic wrap and declaring 'For your dining pleasure....et voila!' just doesn't make it!

The restaurant across from Galleria is Jade Palace. Just my opinion: It's basically run of the mill Chinese food in a better-than-take-out atmosphere. It's great for a local weeknight out, but a waste of time for a traveler, as there is so much else to see.

The Mermaid Bar in Neiman Marcus is also great for lunch while shopping, if you don't mind sitting at the counter. They now give you popovers before your meal, and they are to die for!

Archived