Beer with Dinner- Gauche?

Bilyeu5

I would have no problem with a table-mate slugging the beer out of a can or bottle.

Beer is beer....whether it's in a glass, or the original container.

Choice of beverage, the consumption of beverage, or attire of diners doesn't faze me a bit. Life is too short. :)

The beer is perfectly acceptable but pulleeez, use a glass. I have a female friend who always drinks beer with her dinner if we are cruising, but she requests that the beer be put into a wine glass. For some reason the glass is brought to the table and she has to pour it herself. I think this is a bit odd...the can and the glass get put down on the table and she feels like they are just calling attention to her choice of beverage.

The waiter has always pour the beer into a glass for me at the table.

the waiter wasn`t doing his job.

I would have no problem with a table-mate slugging the beer out of a can or bottle.

Beer is beer....whether it's in a glass, or the original container.

Choice of beverage, the consumption of beverage, or attire of diners doesn't faze me a bit. Life is too short. :)

Doesn't a nice dining room with white tablecloths and good china call for a little more in the way of table manners than "slugging the beer out of a can or bottle"? Is a glass too much to ask? That sounds more like someone in a tank shirt with a baseball cap on. :rolleyes:

Mrs. Tune

in order not to offend the more delicate, please do not crush the beer can on the forehead (your own or anyone elses)...good point, though. it does not matter what you drink, but the container.....i have to remember all these little tidbits. :eek:

Dom and I once saw someone crush their can between their "cheeks". He was a manly-man. THANKFULLY, it was in the Lido Buffet and not the dining room! :D

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Wait until you see what broads do up on the Topless Deck! Cheek-Crushing is childs' play! :D:D

(Mrs. Tune.... I see that you're a new poster here....rest assured that some of these posts are meant to be humorous, kiddo!) ;)

If you bring your own six pack to the table, is there a charge for opening the cans?
Hmmmmm... Not a corkage fee, because it's not a corked beverage. Got pull-tabs, so maybe a tabbage fee. btw: Don't save those tabs; they won't get anyone dialysis. It's an urban legend.

Okay, how the heck did I miss this beer thread?? :) I've been away leading a retreat, so I suppose I've been busy. :D

Why would anyone worry about a beer with dinner? It's a Dutch ship, for crying out loud! Dad used to love having a nice beer or two with his dinner every night aboard ship. I've had one, too ... but it's not my favorite "libation of choice."

As for fun drinking hats ... hey, they'll make for a fun floor show now that the Baked Alaska parade is going the way of the dodo. :D

No problem with dinner beer drinking - however, from a glass is certainly preferable to a bottle or can. We traveled with a couple and the husband always brought along his inscribed silver, glass bottom Graduation Tankard. His beer drinking depended on what he was eating. On the Lido, he drank from a bottle or can in acceptable casual fashion.

I do object strongly to men wearing any form of head coverings at the dinner table unless it's a religious requirement. Those 'on backwards' caps look so stupid. Add a wine glass and - well:rolleyes::eek::eek::rolleyes: !

I do object strongly to men wearing any form of head coverings at the dinner table unless it's a religious requirement. Those 'on backwards' caps look so stupid. Add a wine glass and - well:rolleyes::eek::eek::rolleyes: !

I'll be sure to bring my shark-head hat. :D

You know ... a miter. :D

I normally bring a few bottles of expensive wine and pay corkage, but there is plenty of food that is better matched to beer. Unfortunately, on the HAL cruises I've taken, the beer list has been lousy. A ship sailing out of a US port should have some Sam Adams or Brooklyn or Ommegang (Cooperstown, NY) and not just Bud and Miller in regular and lite. A good beer is often a better companion to a steak or a burger than a glass of wine. Bring on the good beer.

Archived